I knew one day that……...

First-light

The 10.5 acre parcel bordering me to the west would be for sale. A lovely elderly couple owned the property. They loved the property as a camp should be loved. They had such wonderful memories of the camp  but as time marched on so did the age of this couple. We became good friends and I helped them out as much as I could. A few skipped years at opening day had me worried. Health issues became a great problem for them. I received a phone call a few months ago from them telling me the place is going up for sale. They knew I would be interested and really they wanted me to end up with the place. It was unfortunate for them but a blessing for me because the property is a major bedding area that I knew if in the wrong hands could really hurt my hunting. The place consisted of an old single wide and a few out buildings. We agreed on a price and got the closing done last week. I have no plans for the trailer and offered it to them when ever they wanted to visit. I guess my point here is give what you can to others in life because one day it will come back to you. I always believed in this concept and will continue to do it.  Just today my niece harvested her first deer at my camp off of the new property. 

FL-

• Like 18

Congrats on the new property and to your niece. Goes to show you that you should always treat your neighbors with respect and how you would like to be treated. Neighbors can make your life so much easier or it can make your life a living hell.  Many times you see your neighbors more then you see your family. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sorry to say my neighbor passed today. After surviving a stroke and having his hand amputated his heart gave out. I know Ted is hunting up in heaven. Your camp is in good hands and this season will be dedicated to him. Rest in peace my friend……..

Edited by First-light
  • Like 2