Deer know when they are safe

fasteddie

My youngest son drove past Tinker Nature Park on Calkins Road in Henrietta around 4 pm yesterday . He said he saw a dozen deer feeding in the open near the road . When he got home in Honeoye Falls , the back light was on and 5 deer were feeding by the garden . They know when they are safe ! 

• Like 5

Not only do they know when the season is over, but they also know exactly what tags you have left when sitting in your stand.

I truly believe this . :negative:   Back when you had to have a party of 4 to get one doe tag , my wife and mother in law took the safety course and got their license . Then we were able to apply for the "Party Permit" . Prior to that , I had does come within 5 yards of me when I was hunting from the ground and smoked . Once my father in law and I had the Party Permit and I had the band on my arm , the doe disappeared . Made me wonder if the does could smell something on the Arm Band !  :rolleyes:

• Like 1