Elite recurve

kpkot

target recurve and all wood hunting recurve are different animals.  elite hasn't picked up any recurve target archers yet that I know of.  also they'll be similar to the Hoyt Buffalo recurve with a metal riser for hunting.  that way most all elite accessories are compatible.

Ah well that's a shame. I'm probably still a few years off of making the move to recurve. If my deer seasons keep the way they were this season I'll be lucky if I even stick with compounds and not just rifle. One deer all season makes for a very weak season

You Can't Beat My Meat!

• Like 1

A cheap bow will shoot a quality arrow well, but a expensive bow will not shoot a poor quality arrow well. Over the course of 5 years my wife & I made & sold over 1500 DOZEN high quality wood arrows. We did traditional only shoots from Ocala.FL in February, to Buffalo, NY in August as well as many points between & most of the Midwest. We have seen a lot of traditional archers & traditional bows.

The thing that I don't get is this obsession with "take down" recurve bows when less than 1% are ever "taken down".

A moderately priced, good quality 1 piece recurve will be lighter & in  most cases smoother than a "take down".

The whole idea of traditional archery is to keep it simple.

• Like 2

A cheap bow will shoot a quality arrow well, but a expensive bow will not shoot a poor quality arrow well. Over the course of 5 years my wife & I made & sold over 1500 DOZEN high quality wood arrows. We did traditional only shoots from Ocala.FL in February, to Buffalo, NY in August as well as many points between & most of the Midwest. We have seen a lot of traditional archers & traditional bows.

The thing that I don't get is this obsession with "take down" recurve bows when less than 1% are ever "taken down".

A moderately priced, good quality 1 piece recurve will be lighter & in  most cases smoother than a "take down".

The whole idea of traditional archery is to keep it simple.

I know a lot that hunt with a take-down for destination hunts.  they've said it's easier to travel with on planes and what not.  I agree though most don't take them down and shoot it like a regular single piece.  I don't know too many that shoot wooden arrows.  most shoot carbon that look like wood or aluminum.  my factory Super Kodiak and other good factory bows I've shot tend to not shoot quite so well as custom bows.  not accuracy so much as performance.  I'd think not much of anything would shoot a poor quality wood arrow well.  I'm sure you'd have to take lots of time to match some up with one another too regardless of quality.

I know a lot that hunt with a take-down for destination hunts.  they've said it's easier to travel with on planes and what not.  I agree though most don't take them down and shoot it like a regular single piece.  I don't know too many that shoot wooden arrows.  most shoot carbon that look like wood or aluminum.  my factory Super Kodiak and other good factory bows I've shot tend to not shoot quite so well as custom bows.  not accuracy so much as performance.  I'd think not much of anything would shoot a poor quality wood arrow well.  I'm sure you'd have to take lots of time to match some up with one another too regardless of quality.

Yes the take down makes sense for air travel.

Good quality wood arrow when shot off the shelf with fingers can have the advantage over "synthetic" arrows.

By good quality I mean hand spine matched across the grain, straightened, tempered & weight matched.

The arrows we made had batch numbers & the data as far as raw shaft weight, spine, stain color, dip color, fletch size shape & color as well as the crest.

If you bought a dozen arrow off su in May, we could make another dozen in September that would shoot exactly the same.

There are also "custom" one piece bows that will shoot just as fast or faster than a take down.

Edited by wildcat junkie

You can buy a darn nice custom recurve for $1300.  I am an elite fan, but I won't buy a recurve from them at that price point.  I much prefer the richness of a wood bow anyways.  When it comes to arrows, however, I stick with carbons for consistency.  I know wood can be made with consistency, but more expensive and more hassle.  Once I tune the recurve with an arrow, I want to know I can order another dozen that will essentially be exactly the same without much hassle.

• Like 1

I know wood can be made with consistency, but more expensive and more hassle.  Once I tune the recurve with an arrow, I want to know I can order another dozen that will essentially be exactly the same without much hassle.

Which is a serviced we provided.

We also sold matched shafts to those that wanted to "roll their own".