OK guy's Call your lawmakers

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MZ is a special season as is the special bow season at the end of southern zone... rifles are allowed during the regular gun.. as crossbow should be to regular bow season.. thats not spin

You should be ashamed of yourself......really.

And yet I'm not.. so that's your agument? that I should be ashamed of myself??..lol.. you're killin' me here... and I'm suppose to take you seriously?

MZ is a special season as is the special bow season at the end of southern zone... rifles are allowed during the regular gun.. as crossbow should be to regular bow season.. thats not spin

And yet I'm not.. so that's your agument? that I should be ashamed of myself??..lol.. you're killin' me here... and I'm suppose to take you serious?

Guess I have to spell it out for you...the bow season is a "special" season.

You trying to spin only the late season as a special season is shameless.

Am I supposed to take you seriously?

And that's exactly it. But, the main point of any x gun argument revolves aroung the premise that a x gun IS a bow, which it's not.

Correct.  It is not.  It is shouldered, aimed, and shot like a gun.

General season it is. ;)

The funny part is I think you guys are serious... :D

And yet I'm not.. so that's your agument? that I should be ashamed of myself??..lol.. you're killin' me here... and I'm suppose to take you seriously?

Ok, so you are not ashamed that your analogy....isn't even an analogy?

You mention the special Mz/Bow season..then state that rifles are allowed during the rifle season...the obvious..

Then somehow you summarize your presentation with "as x bow should be to regular bowseason".

LOL...the dissconnect is strikingly apparent...wow.

and how is the bow season any more special than the regular gun season.. because NYB's think so?

You are kidding, right?

If you are not informed enough to understand why bowseason is considered a special season, you are not qualified to even discuss this matter.

Please dismiss yourself.

;) As for you Spiker.. you and Pat Rocket could probably have a good discussion with one another.. I have trouble unstanding his posts as well..

So, what you are saying is that you are not aware of who the DEC is, and the fact that they are the ones who designate which weapons are allowed in which season?

I just follow the rules, not make them...although lobbying helps.

I've sat through more collective meetings with Encon to know that if left to our own devices, there would be no rules.

The suggestions I have heard would destroy any person's faith in hunting.

The reason you do not understand is because you are not listening, or willing, to have a constructive discussion.

And this is commom of the rhetoric of the x gun pusher.

gun  (gn)

n.

1. A weapon consisting of a metal tube from which a projectile is fired at high velocity into a relatively flat trajectory.

2. A portable firearm, such as a rifle or revolver.

Noun    1.    crossbowcrossbow - a bow fixed transversely on a wooden stock grooved to direct the arrow (quarrel)

bow - a weapon for shooting arrows, composed of a curved piece of resilient wood with a taut cord to propel the arrow

cross·bow (-bō′)

noun

a weapon consisting of a bow set transversely on a wooden stock: the stock is grooved to direct a short, heavy arrow (bolt) or stone and notched to hold the bowstring, which is released by a trigger

Definitions  ·  Thesaurus  ·  Examples  ·  Pronunciations  ·  Comments  ·  translate to:

crossguns in

:

[x]

No definitions are available for crossguns.

As you can see by the definitions: There is no comparison between a Gun and a crossbow.

And the  infamous "crossgun does not exist!

If the Legislators had as many letters as replies and views to this thread last year. We'd be enjoying Crossbows in early archery season on private land.

BUT again, as in the previous 20 years the Xbow gang, or as they are better know the "F" Troop of NY Sportsmen" couldn't even find there saddles to mount up and ride in to help win the battle let alone the war. ;)  I was there and never once saw any "F" Troop members.

AND THAT'S THE TRUTH!!

1500bc -1066 mention of the crossbow in chinese history, 1508 the crossbow was outlawed in england to promote the use of the longbow, and in 1520 henry VIII demonstrated the effectiveness of the longbow to the french king repededly hitting the center of a target 240yards away. ... seems the bow has the further range and acuracy over the crossbow. taken from http://www.centenaryarchers.gil.com.au/history.htm seems like the historians belive the crossbow is archery equipment, of course there are those who would rewrite history to their favor, like the holicaust never happenend......

I am not really sure how or where this topic took on a life of it's own and started to get off track.

The point I am trying to maintain is the disabled hunters of New York should be given EVERY opportunity

there is to get them back into the woods and hunting again.

If that means using a crossbow, or having to use an ATV, to get to the stand then so be it.

If  a handicapped gun hunter wants to hunt, the State and Federal Govt.s make exceptions for them to use an ATV, or vehicle to gain access and be able to hunt.

We as disabled archers should be given the same considerations. And if a crossbow is my choice, then damit, I should be allowed to use it.

1500bc -1066 mention of the crossbow in chinese history, 1508 the crossbow was outlawed in england to promote the use of the longbow, and in 1520 henry VIII demonstrated the effectiveness of the longbow to the french king repededly hitting the center of a target 240yards away. ... seems the bow has the further range and acuracy over the crossbow. taken from http://www.centenaryarchers.gil.com.au/history.htm seems like the historians belive the crossbow is archery equipment, of course there are those who would rewrite history to their favor, like the holicaust never happenend......

LOL

Trying to understand the relevance.  Oh....there is none.....nevermind.

I am not really sure how or where this topic took on a life of it's own and started to get off track.

The point I am trying to maintain is the disabled hunters of New York should be given EVERY opportunity

there is to get them back into the woods and hunting again.

If that means using a crossbow, or having to use an ATV, to get to the stand then so be it.

If  a handicapped gun hunter wants to hunt, the State and Federal Govt.s make exceptions for them to use an ATV, or vehicle to gain access and be able to hunt.

We as disabled archers should be given the same considerations. And if a crossbow is my choice, then damit, I should be allowed to use it.

Always the problem.

Although we can all agree that crossbows should be allowed for those who need them, the water always gets muddied by those who want to extend the advantage to everyone, including those who definitely do NOT need them.

Jettison those leeches, and you got a case.

well it's relevent in that it is definatley archery equipment, fact is if not outlawed in england the crossbow would be as common as the english language and history proves that the bow out performed the crossbow at range thus the reason for england's dominance thru out history in war. As for shooting it same as a gun not at all, having shot bow, gun, and crossbow(which is usually very front heavy). Further the argument for a bow season underwent the same arguments that the crossbow is now. It was considerd as inhumane and in effecient for harvesting game which we know is not truethanks to people like saxon and pope. You may shoot you bow year round but you and i know that there are many who pick it up a month or less before the season if at all. That scares me a lot more than a person using a crossbow. The advantage of having it already drawn is so minute that its not worth mentioning, you still need to practice,and be able to get close to your game,and the disavantage of recocking it for a second shot is immense and the fact that they are loud. How many of us take a field point to take a practice shot out of a tree? do that with a crossbow and all the game in the area will vacate.