Another to the collection

Buckmaster7600

Good score!

I've had a couple 760's, one RH 300 Savage that was from the 50's and the other one was  LH .308.  I wish I still had that one but doubt I'd hunt it much as it isn't my cup O tea anymore.

Before anyone squawks, the lefty had a left hand cheek piece and safety all from the factory in a BDL finish and basket-weave stock/forend.  Twas a nice piece..................

I don't know, Larry....

I always thought the basket weave was a bit.......GAY......<< smirk>>....

It was either the basket weave or the RIBBED forend of the older style.

The ribbed was much more enjoyable to the hand and easier to pump............................................

>>TROUBLED<<

:)

• Like 2

Was the barrel actually cut to 18" or was that a factory barrel size?????

I love older " woods" rifles and I love the 35 Rem. 

I had a Marlin 336 SC in 35 Rem years ago, that I still kick myself for selling. 

The 35 Rem is a damn good deer round,

Was the barrel actually cut to 18" or was that a factory barrel size?????

I love older " woods" rifles and I love the 35 Rem.

I had a Marlin 336 SC in 35 Rem years ago, that I still kick myself for selling.

The 35 Rem is a damn good deer round,

No it was cut. I can tell by the lack of front sight. This one was made a few years before they made a carbine. I have 2 336's in 35rem they sure do kill with authority. It's one of my favorite "woods" cartridges.

• Like 1

No it was cut. I can tell by the lack of front sight. This one was made a few years before they made a carbine. I have 2 336's in 35rem they sure do kill with authority. It's one of my favorite "woods" cartridges.

I only killed one deer with my 336  35 Rem, before I sold it like an idiot. About a 60 yard shot and he didn't go anywhere. Maybe stumbled a few yards forward, but that was it.

Yup….My buddy hunts with a 336 in 35 Rem. He gets a buck every year, and they pretty much fall within 10-30 yds. He shot a nice big 7 pt this year that didn't go 20yds. 

I think its like the .45 ACP pistol round. Its slow and big so it hits harder than hell.