Remington 750

Picked up a Remington 750 semi auto in 30-06 carbine today. Anyone else use one of these. How do you like it. I unfortunatly did not have enough left to pick up a base and rings and ammo after I bought the gun and scope so it will be awhile before I can scrape up the money and get it sighted in. All the reviews I have read said it was a vast improvement from the 7400 so im excited to get out and blast some targets with it.

post-358-131455406094_thumb.jpg

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought new, they had it marked $60 off so I decided to grab it. I wanted the synthetic version but after handling the wood (lol) which they had in stock, and after walking around the store and thinking about it a bit I decided on it. Its a sharp looking gun. I was suprised by how well it just fell right into my shoulder and lined right up on target. Very nice handling gun.

All of the reviews on the 750 do say it is a positive advancement in the Remington semi auto rifle evolution.  I don't own one, but I did look at one in .35 Whelen that I almost bought.

I think you will find it to be an excellent hunting rifle.  Good luck with it.  I hope you use it in good health for many years to come.

I ended up taking it back today. The forend had a 1inch hairline crack in it that I had missed when inspecting it at the store. After a season of snow and a few 30-06 recoils im sure it would have split real nice. I took it back to Gander and they were going to send out for another one at the syracuse store for me. But they went in the back to look for another one and found a synthetic stocked one and I took that one instead with a refund of the difference. I think the synthetic will be better for deer hunting in the snow and rain anyhow. On the upside I got refunded enough to buy a base and scope rings so Ill have to throw her together sometime this week.

post-358-131455406459_thumb.jpg

My father has one in 308. Its a nice gun. I put the rings and scope that originally came with my 700 on it. Looks almost exactly like that picture.

I almost had them order a 308 for me but I have never owned a 30-06 so I decided to go with it. Interested to see the difference in recoil. Shouldnt be to bad since its gas operated.

You will find the synthetic stocked model will be a lot less to worry about in the field.  You won't have to worry about cracks either.  It should be a little lighter, but will also feel colder and make more noise.  I prefer synthetic myself though.

I don't think you will notice any difference in recoil with a 30-06.

This may just be my next rifle, its either this or a Browning BAR. It will come down to weight and feel. First I have to get a shotgun for the wifey for Turkey hunting though. Eruss, you only have to spend alot of money on a gun once and it will last your entire life, thats how I justify it any how.  :D

Doe, I think youl find the Remington to be a bit lighter than the BAR if Im not mistaken. Your pocket will be alot lighter with the BAR though lol.

I'm kinda surprised that its that much more, my bolt action was on par for price. I guess they get you with the semi's?. Maybe its a Msrp thing too, I don't buy many guns so I don't know so I'll take your word for it. lol

Lighter and cheaper=sold haha

The Remington Model 7 is an excellent choice if you want a short, light bolt action...

My favorite deer rifle is a Rem 700 Mountain rifle...It's a little longer than the M 7, but it's still light and compact enough to be a handy  wooods rifle.... It's a nice compromise between a standard weight rifle and one of the real compacts like the Rem M7 or the Ruger ultralight..