Does anyone reload ?

fasteddie

I load all my centerfire rifle ammo..I have several rifles that have never had  a factory load fired in them... I enjoy working up optimum  custom loads for my rifles and then taking game with them.... It adds another dimension to my enjoyment of the hunt..

• 3 weeks later...

I reload as it allows me to tinker all 4 seasons with the firearms.

I primarily started reloading to tune the loads to my rifle and eek out premium accuracy for each rifle.

I am planning to get a Lee Turret press for pistols.

Currently I load for 6x284, 22-250, 6.5-06, 30-06 springfield, 280 rem and 338 win.

Have an older Ohaus powder measure which is getting rare and gets great review on the 6mmbr website.

Use a Forster Co-ax single stage press. Excellent press, and I do not need case holders. Primers seated to exact same every round. Consistancy is what I aim for.

Tend to use Redding or Forster seating dies, lee collet neck die and either Redding or Forster sizing die to bump the shoulder back once in a great while.

I like the dampened beam scales. i have an older Ohaus. Ohaus was  bought by RCBS so basically same as their current model.

Redding trickler. Forster Trimmer, Hornady vibratory media cleaner, Cabellas case media seperator etc...

I emjoy the reloading process as much as shooting.

• 5 months later...

I reload 45-70gov, 30-06, .223, .300 win mag. the 45-70 is a great round when handloaded has nice range 200-250 yrds for hunting in wny and had plenty of knockdown power, reloading is a must as the factory ammo is lackluster as it has to be safe in antique firearms,but it is capable of killing any and all northamerican game. its what got me started and since i had all the hardware to do it all i needed was dies for my other rifle rounds.

I’ve been reloading for 22 years now. I find it fascinating and addictive. I genuinely enjoy working with a new rifle, finding a load it likes, and producing it as accurately as possible. I think it’s just as much fun as shooting itself. Since I’ve always liked some of the more oddball/forgotten/large mag cartridges, handloading was the only viable option some of the time, and the most economical all the time. I highly recommend reloading to anyone who wants to get max performance/enjoyment out of his or her gun. The huge money it saves is the cherry on the sundae.

Quick list of cartridges I’ve owned rifles chambered for and worked with:

17 Rem (2 different guns)

22 Hornet

22-250 Rem* (2 different guns)

25-06 Rem (3 different guns)

6.5 Rem Mag* (2 different guns)

7mm Rem Ultra Mag*

308 Win

8mm Rem Mag (2 different guns)

338 Win Mag

350 Rem Mag*

416 Rem Mag

458 Win Mag

Asterisk = guns I’m currently shooting.

I have been reloading for 21 years now. I have 1 box of factory ammo for each rifle I have-one box when I brought them home, so I could shoot them immediately.

I am currwntely reloading .222, .22-250, .243, .25-06,.260, 7mm-08, .308, and .30-06. I also load .38/.357 for my revolvers and my Marlin 1894. It is a great hobby for this time of year.

Will

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I feel the need to dispel one reloading myth.  You won't save any money reloading, however you will get to shoot more with the money you spend.

I've been at it for a while with rifle and pistol.  There's a lot of satisfaction with tightening up your groups with your own concoction.  Though there can be some frustration until you get there.