Alive in the History channle

Guessing you're talking about "Alone", where those people are put on Vancouver Island to see who can last the longest??? That show seems a little less pre-scripted than some of the other survival melodramas, like Naked & Afraid.

• Like 1

totally agree that he's crushing it but worried about his mental state. I laugh at all his wood craft skills but he's just sleeping under a tarp. I'd expect this dude to be building some better structure as we know it gets cold.

On a side note, everybody has gill nets this year, and the guy who won last year I think was the only guy to do it. They need a new location next year for sure.

The lady that cut her hand with the axe , I thought she had a great camp and would have lasted. Now the heavier set lady that yelled at the momma and cub bear and left because she didn't like getting angry WTH was that all about .

I laugh at all his wood craft skills but he's just sleeping under a tarp. I'd expect this dude to be building some better structure as we know it gets cold.

I said the  same exact thing. I also get a chuckle  that with all the bears around not one has done any fortification of their shelter or area. I also wonder what type of game laws they must abide by. Many of them have video footage that has a mess of seagulls in the frames. They are one of the easiest bids to trap. smash up some of those mussels they can't eat to use for bait and I would be roasting some gulls....lol. 

I said the  same exact thing. I also get a chuckle  that with all the bears around not one has done any fortification of their shelter or area. I also wonder what type of game laws they must abide by. Many of them have video footage that has a mess of seagulls in the frames. They are one of the easiest bids to trap. smash up some of those mussels they can't eat to use for bait and I would be roasting some gulls....lol. 

UHMMM, how do you know how easy it is to trap a seagull?  Culver .........

The only survival show worth watching is survivor man.. they others are very scripted and fake.. he even has done shows sressing not to try his feats alone until you have much practice under your belt.. les stroud is the man!

The only survival show worth watching is survivor man.. they others are very scripted and fake.. he even has done shows sressing not to try his feats alone until you have much practice under your belt.. les stroud is the man!

Les is the man no doubt. I'm not a bear grylls guy. Naked and afraid is entertainment for me, but give Alone a shot. It's as similar to survivorman as it gets. they're all self filmed.

• Like 1

Les is the man no doubt. I'm not a bear grylls guy. Naked and afraid is entertainment for me, but give Alone a shot. It's as similar to survivorman as it gets. they're all self filmed.

I get a kick out of how so many of the participants are touted as having these great survivalist skills and they you see them doing something that 1st year Boy Scouts was taught not to do. A couple minutes before that lady cut her had chopping kindling I said to my wife she was gonna do just that. 

They get to bring too much gear with themselves.. tarps,fire starters, gill nets, ect... not really survival , just extended camping...

I get a kick out of how so many of the participants are touted as having these great survivalist skills and they you see them doing something that 1st year Boy Scouts was taught not to do. A couple minutes before that lady cut her had chopping kindling I said to my wife she was gonna do just that. 

my favorite is the guys like us who are "hunters" and they're shown with a rifle or compound bow practicing back home. Like dude, that's not going to do anything for you in the wilderness with a pointed stick as your only weapon.

They get to bring too much gear with themselves.. tarps,fire starters, gill nets, ect... not really survival , just extended camping...

the premise of the show isn't so much on the survival skills of a lost hiker, but more about the ability to make it on your own. I think we all believe it'd be easy, but I tend to believe having nobody to talk to, not even strangers on the web would get to anyone.

Yeah, the mental aspect of being alone is unpredictable. Like the guy with who was an orphan looks like he have the skill set to live there forever but he's constantly yearning for his wife. My guess is despite having all those skills, he'll break down mentally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 1