fireworks legal now in cayuga and albany county

silent death

Just getting the word out that fireworks are legal in Albany county now as of may 24th . Not the good stuff but just fountains up to 500 grams . Albany was not the only county that passed it eathier Cayuga county passed also on march 29th these are the days the law went into affect .. so be safe . and god bless

Edited by silent death

Walmart in olean sells them around all the holidays for about a year now

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

They were in Walmart yesterday in North Tonawanda just as you entered store there was big display of different ones to buy.

• Like 2

We picked up the $50 pack last year at BJ's. While shopping today Wally World had some and so did Shop Rite.

We had some left over from last year and used them up for Memorial Day weekend. I used a few of the small ones and the neighbors behind us little boy was out and asked if we had anymore. They walked around to out side yard and I used them up. He loved it.

only the stores in Greenville have them around here if you go to Albany they still don't have fireworks in the store...the sad part is its like they are trying to keep this hush hush.. but last year it was on the news they passed it for certain countys ....I think a lot of stores are missing out.... people don't know its legal now in Albany . so I figured I would pass it along

Edited by silent death

. I just called them and nope. they will be getting them in though that's what they just told me on the phone ..... the local dispatch will be getting calls when people start lighting them off because nobody knows .should be interesting

Edited by silent death

I guess it depends on who you talk to in Glenmont then lol the girl told me they didn't even get them in yet ...this is the number I called 432-6120. got to love Walmart... you can probably call and get three different people and get different answers from all

Edited by silent death

Just so everyone knows, I am not trying to be argumentative. It's cracking me up at the difference in calls. I am going to call both again as soon as I hit the post button.

We will be at the Washington Ave. store tomorrow. If I find the display I will take a pic.

The Glenmont, well, if we get the bid I might be in that area tomorrow as well. That one I can't say for sure.

Calling now.

Edited by ....rob

I miss the old days of m-80's , k-88's and T-2000's. Man we used to blow up some cool things. You'd light cigarette , break off filter , stick wick in tobacco end. Perfect 8 minute timer. Statute of limitations exonerates me at this point I hope ?! Why are there no such things as paper boxes any more on a side note???? Those big chest like boxes the DB kid down the street would get his whole paper route filled up with and it sat by the curb. We'd tie a boomer to a rock and chuck in deep hole in creek Easy way to acquire suckers for coon bait for trapping

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 1

I miss the old days of m-80's , k-88's and T-2000's. Man we used to blow up some cool things. You'd light cigarette , break off filter , stick wick in tobacco end. Perfect 8 minute timer. Statute of limitations exonerates me at this point I hope ?! Why are there no such things as paper boxes any more on a side note???? Those big chest like boxes the DB kid down the street would get his whole paper route filled up with and it sat by the curb. We'd tie a boomer to a rock and chuck in deep hole in creek Easy way to acquire suckers for coon bait for trapping

Those were the good old days!! Had a lot of fun with all of them when I was younger.

Those m-80's , pineapples and ashcans were a lot of fun. We used to have 2 man bottle rocket fights. One kid would light the bottle rocket at the end of a pipe and the other kid would aim it. Kind of like a bazooka. Ever blow up mailboxes ? When I look back at it , I'm thankful I didn't lose any fingers or my eyesight.