1st shot daily pics

stoneam2006

Jesus  Christ moog, your arrows at 50 look like mine at  30. Not too bad I would say. I did archery as a kid for a few years until I was 12 Years old with a 28 # recurve bow. The compound seemed easy at first,but it is not easy to get pinpoint accuracy. I keep changing my distance all the time though,so I have to guess almost every shot. You are doing very well with both the traditional and the  compound. You would be welcome on my team any day.

Bit of a cold keeping me up.
First and only shot tonight. I think my 3D bow is fine tuned enough inside. Got to get it outside when I have more time to finish setting it up.
9e9a3a573524af0dd910c0e1cf6090e4.jpg
bfd9b7dff8c07754f185f4910448d2eb.jpg

Damn I thought I had mine pretty decent paper tune...urs is perfect....maybe over winter I'll do some more tuning....although mines just a hunting rig

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

Jesus  Christ moog, your arrows at 50 look like mine at  30. Not too bad I would say. I did archery as a kid for a few years until I was 12 Years old with a 28 # recurve bow. The compound seemed easy at first,but it is not easy to get pinpoint accuracy. I keep changing my distance all the time though,so I have to guess almost every shot. You are doing very well with both the traditional and the  compound. You would be welcome on my team any day.

Thanks Mike.  I am becoming a better shot primarily because I shoot the recurve so much.  I truly believe that trad shooting teaches you the required form to be better with a compound.  I think one can become decent with a compound even with poor form, but not so much with the recurve, so the latter has really helped me.  I still have a long ways to go though.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

Bit of a cold keeping me up.
First and only shot tonight. I think my 3D bow is fine tuned enough inside. Got to get it outside when I have more time to finish setting it up.
9e9a3a573524af0dd910c0e1cf6090e4.jpg
bfd9b7dff8c07754f185f4910448d2eb.jpg

Nice elite and paper tune!  I have that same bow vice but don't remember who made it.

7 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

dB..what bow vise do you have mounted on the bench...it looks pretty cool

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Nice elite and paper tune!  I have that same bow vice but don't remember who made it.

October Mountain Products (OMP) makes it.  Called the Versus Cradle.  definitely worth the $ and the best bow vise out there IMO.

Was going to take the hunting bow out this AM for a first shot pic but it was raining a little too hard for that.  maybe tonight.

Keep at it Rockspek, you will get there.  What changed from first to second shot?  Try to keep your pin relaxed on the target even after you release the arrow.  It helps to avoid major misses.  I suspect after shot 1, your bow hand flew up and to the left.  That could be poor alignment, but holding on target will help even with less than perfect alignment. You will have plenty to time to see the arrow in the target later.

Well I pulled the recurve out tonight and shot good at 20 and 30.  Then I saw that 50yd bag.  Why not.  Never shoot beyond 35 with the recurve but the target was there.   So, I met my match.  Not horrible for my first two groups but it's tough to gap when your point is 1.5' over the bull.  I did guess it just about right though. It was like throwing logs shooting 650g arrows from my 53lb recurve.  It was fun.  I will do better next time but the deer are safe for now  

E5367B89-8346-4FD3-8F53-BB880A9D4670.jpg

79627A4C-DCB5-4F86-8B43-E14646A9DFE9.jpg

• Like 4

Well I didn't take pics but met up with neighbor tonight as I'm on day shift for a few days. I shot the best I have at 50 yards 4 outta 5 in vitals at 50 and smoking them at 30 I am so pumped for this season...glad this thread keeps going...month and a half fellas

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I am finally getting good groups,been shooting almost every day for a week now. 1st target at 25, the one with the deer outline at 35.

These were the first four shots of the day. I am going to a 3d shoot on Saturday,and maybe another on Sunday.

I am getting very excited for the season. Got my doe tag as well, so look out deer!

20160812_073846.jpg

20160812_073901.jpg

• Like 4