Almost ( might still get ) Got In Trouble

DirtTime

No offense taken.

I meant no offense to Jeremy. The offer is very generous and it's appreciated.

The reason I declined was because I am not in a situation where I can't hunt this year. There are others who might want or need a bow more then I do.

I might come off as a dick at times, but I actually do think about other people before myself a lot. I could buy the Winchester if I wanted to, I just had to put things in a priority. So accepting a bow for free knowing I could have spent the money for a bow doesn't feel right to me. It's not pride, thinking I am better then anyone else, or thinking I am too good for things, it's actually the exact opposite. It's me thinking maybe someone else who really needs it would benefit more then me.

I'll shoot Jeremy a PM.

Take it even if you don't get out you will be able to work on form and skill this year then next year when u r ready to upgrade offer it back to Jeremy or pass on the gracious gift to the next person whom can use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

We're gonna get the shipping figured out tomorrow.  The bow doesn't do anyone any good just sitting on my shelf . It's actually the first brand new thing I ever bought when I got a job and started working . Had it on lay away at Johnsons country store for 3 months. It would be really cool if Rob gets a deer with it too.

• Like 16

We're gonna get the shipping figured out tomorrow.  The bow doesn't do anyone any good just sitting on my shelf . It's actually the first brand new thing I ever bought when I got a job and started working . Had it on lay away at Johnsons country store for 3 months. It would be really cool if Rob gets a deer with it too.

Ok Rob gotta start a practice thread! No pressure man! Lol j/k...just go out, have fun, and enjoy your new time in the woods.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've got my ears to the ground and many other people on the lookout for land in your area to hunt Rob. If I hear of anything for at least some doe hunting I'll let ya know. If they were giving out DMPs for 4H like they do for 4J I would say come up to my place and stick a doe for some meat.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Ok Rob gotta start a practice thread! No pressure man! Lol j/k...just go out, have fun, and enjoy your new time in the woods.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Isn't there already one? "First Shot Of The Day" by stoneam?

4 hours ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

I've got my ears to the ground and many other people on the lookout for land in your area to hunt Rob. If I hear of anything for at least some doe hunting I'll let ya know. If they were giving out DMPs for 4H like they do for 4J I would say come up to my place and stick a doe for some meat.

Appreciated greatly. Talked to grampy last night and he was telling me a few places to hit and knock on doors.

There's a few places to hunt public land around here too, and even the Pine Bush is still only about 25 minutes away. Not fond of that place as it gets hit hard all season, but being in the woods, any woods is the only way to get a deer. I think even Partridge run is only about 30-40 minutes. I had a list and was making notes but it seems to have ran away from my desk.

Private land I hunt up north owner told me the other day logging is just about done so I may even get to hit that a few times as well. Don't get why I couldn't hunt while they were logging but, when the owner says no then it's not questioned.

• Like 1

Appreciated greatly. Talked to grampy last night and he was telling me a few places to hit and knock on doors.

There's a few places to hunt public land around here too, and even the Pine Bush is still only about 25 minutes away. Not fond of that place as it gets hit hard all season, but being in the woods, any woods is the only way to get a deer. I think even Partridge run is only about 30-40 minutes. I had a list and was making notes but it seems to have ran away from my desk.

Private land I hunt up north owner told me the other day logging is just about done so I may even get to hit that a few times as well. Don't get why I couldn't hunt while they were logging but, when the owner says no then it's not questioned.

Yea can't wait to see you out there putting some sticks down range

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sounds good. Your right, Partridge run is close by and has some decent hunting. That's where I hunted almost all last season. I ate tag soup but only because I won't shoot little bucks.

I passed at least 15 bucks that I know plenty of guys would of shot...and probably did get shot in gun season . The nice part about up there is that there's very very little to absolutely no pressure during bow season. And even after the first couple days of gun season there isn't many people in there.

There's also a lot of land there to cover and spread out on. I've spent months walking around that place and still haven't covered every nook and cranny. But I do know of a good spot that I came across one hell of a buck. I will see if I can pull up a map and mark it for ya. If I didn't buy my house and have the land out back to hunt this year I would be headed right for this spot I'm talking about lol. Someone might as well get after him if I'm not gonna! Lol

• Like 4

451622695c872e2cec98a7b0b5cf99b2.png
5c086d6ef446a0241bc1fa51c10a4246.png

This is the farthest east that PR reaches too. You'll wanna be up into the woods as Far East as the state land goes. There's a rock wall that runs along the south border which is also the edge of those fields. The east border is a little trickier to find but I highly doubt you'll run into anyone who's going to bother you if your a couple feet over. If you stay right around the corner of the second field out from the road you'll be fine.

For access I parked on smalley road
fb991248c5006c0d4ab255976209c0db.png

Walk across the street and there's a small creek there. It's thick as hell there and it's a good thing because most everyone doesn't even bother going over to that side of the road as access is a pain in the ass. But I found that by just walking into the neighbors field for like 20 steps there's a nice deer trail that leads you around the thick crap and into the creek where you can continue to follow their trails up and out of the stream.
86c8debeb3c8211e27a04372bb9f85e2.png

This path can't be seen from the road so it helps keep other guys out. Most will park at the parking area just up the street and hunt the west side of Gifford valley rd. Once your across the creek just find the rock wall just up your first little hill after it flattens out and follow it up.

The fields to the south of those woods are LOADED with deer on a regular basis. And the best part....wait for it.....it's a sanctuary! By that I mean the private owners Do NOT hunt! They own 400 acres there on both sides of Gifford valley road. I know their cousin and asked for permission but was turned down due to wife being a vegetarian and doesn't like hunting. But hunting the edge of their fields on state land is fair game and your sure to see deer coming from the north/northeast, down the hill towards the fields.

Hot damn that was a long one! Sorry for the mega details....I get carried away sometimes. Anyways, hope this helps at least speed up getting ya into the woods after a buck with that new bow headed your way!

• Like 2

Gotta say, Partridge Run is now a great place to hunt! I have private land but still make a run over there at least once a season. 20 years ago, it was very crowded but now if you get off the beaten path a bit. You may not even see another hunter!

• Like 3

I am outa likes.

I told Jeremy I can't express enough how to thank him. The best I can do is pay it forward and help another hunter out next year by passing on the bow.

I also very much appreciate people helping out with giving me heads up on good places to hunt in the new home area.

I can't express my gratitude enough. 

• Like 5

I am outa likes.

I told Jeremy I can't express enough how to thank him. The best I can do is pay it forward and help another hunter out next year by passing on the bow.

I also very much appreciate people helping out with giving me heads up on good places to hunt in the new home area.

That's what it's about...hunters helping hunters

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I am outa likes.

All the thanks they want is your smiling mug sitting between the rack of a wall hanger in a couple months.

• Like 1

Much to often there is bickering amongst us, about what we hunt with and how we may go about hunting, or what may be different from how we hunt. But you know what? We are still a brotherhood, that has more in common with each other, than most of the non hunting population. And with the display of generosity and true sportsmanship seen here, the future of hunting is bright!

• Like 8

Well Done Jeremy.  Brand new bows are great, but never underestimate a cheap (or free!) used.  I bought an old Hoyt for $150 about 5 years ago.  My plan was to use it for a year and then upgrade if I enjoyed bowhunting.  Well, guess what, I'm still happy with it and use it to take at least 2 deer each season.