Hunters Rendezvous - FREE Event - Huntington Station, NY Sunday August 21st.

NFA-ADK

We are hosting the Hunters Rendezvous at Suffolk Archers on Sunday August 21st of this month.  We will have all sorts of hunting related info about where to hunt, a trading spot if you want to sell some old bows, quivers etc.  We will be doing shot placement, tree stand safety, tracking, blood tracking, how to clean your game.  We will have deer search do a presentation with a tracking dog at 8 AM to kick it off.  Last year I did the shot placement, this year no one wanted to do the calling so I will be doing that part of it with rattling and different calls I have used over the years to help get deer.  

Free breakfast and lunch, no charge to enter!  Come on down and introduce yourself!  I will be hosting a 3D shoot after the presentations are finished, this will be a realistic shoot with most shots under 35 yards so I am hoping for a few perfect or close to it scores!   All are invited if you have a friend or family member interested in hunting bring them down it is a great even to get someone started in deer hunting!   Hope to see some of our members!  Anyone interested in doing some turkey calling or helping me with the deer calling can send me a PM.  (I am not a turkey hunter and this is my week spot but it is on the sheet as something I need to teach, any help would be appreciated in this aspect!) (Most hunters are interested in deer vs turkey, last year not one person asked about how to hunt a turkey but I would rather be prepared just in case someone is interested.)

If you can make it let me know by responding, if you are interested in helping me with calling send me a PM. 

• Like 2

OK I have someone to help with the turkey calling.  

Should be a fun day of learning!  All are invited, come on down and have some fun and a 3D shoot after lunch. 

If you have any new hunters or hunters just looking to gain some more knowledge it will be a very good event.  The cost for breakfast, lunch and entrance fee is FREE!!!

Hope to see some of our members!  If you do come to the event let me know by responding here or just come up and introduce yourself when you get to the club.  Easy to get to our club we are about one mile from Northern State Pkwy.

86 Pidgeon Hill Road in Huntington Station, NY Sunday 21st.

• Like 2

Would be nice to see you again John but I understand.  I Just hope it is not as hot as this last weekend, I did the field shoot which was 126 arrows of pain and suffering, lol.  Shot an 800, not bad but I could have done better, my buddy with an adjustable sight beat me by 10 with a 810.  He has been shooting very good.  Hope someone comes, lol.  Should be fun as long as the heat dies down a bit. 

We started out ok but I started to fade as the sweat and bug spray started getting into my eyes around arrow #90 or so. lol

This is how we started off with 20's and 19's.  (You get 5 pts for every shot in black, next ring is 4 then 3 is lowest.)

Had to take out one of my buddies arrows as he was shooting too good, lol, j/k accidental robin hood on the last pic.  He shot out 2 of mine so payback sucked, lol.

IMG_0817.JPG

IMG_0818.JPG

IMG_0819.JPG

IMG_0820.JPG

IMG_0816.JPG

• Like 2

Yes we have a full range.  Most of the range will be closed until we are finished with the presentations but after we are having a 3D shoot, so if you want to bring your bow for practice or to sight in we have a 10-30 yard range and a 40-80 yard range.  (Typically it would be limited to 60 at this event.)  The 30  yard range should be open the entire time.

We will also have a spot set up to test your arrow flight and to see what KE you are producing.

This is the address, it is really easy to get to our location and the gates will be open.

86 Pidgeon Hill Road in Huntington Station, NY

Edited by NFA-ADK
  • Like 2

The even will be open to everyone and you can come anytime, the shoot will be after lunch around 1pm if anyone is interested.  The shoot is just for fun and I will have most targets set up at typical hunting ranges for compound and traditional shooters.

While I would love to have you Defrazzle, I understand.  This event is for new hunters with little experience or hunters just looking for some more information on hunting new area, calling, tracking, shot placement or just want to see if the bow is tuned properly.

Would probably use you and some of the other hunters on this forum for advice while going to each station.  I would take new hunters to this event and found myself answering most of the questions they presented.  When I was able to keep my big mouth shut I learned the other hunters doing the presentations where as knowledgeable as myself or better.  Really just a great place to learn and more importantly share information. 

Yes, I know what you mean.  I just finished co-teaching 6 weekly hunter education classes at NYS DEC CAMP COLBY and have a public bow class set up for September 9 & 10.  Good luck with the event and let me know how it turned out.  It sounds like something we can do at our Saranac Lake Fish & Game Club.  www.slfgc.com

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shawnhu said:

Family friendly event? Don't know what the weather will be like, but I'd like to bring my family. Any indoors area for them to hang while dad hang with the boys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed there is! There is a lodge that has seating if they would like to stay indoors. If you go to the Suffolk Archers website, you should see it right away. 

Edited by ATbuckhunter
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, eagle rider said:

Suffolk Archers looking for members?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are full at this time but they are taking new member for next year. 

The course is set up, a 15 target course with an optional long distance shot at about 50 yards, (Range finders allowed and binoculars) two arrow each target with platform shots to duplicate tree stand shots. (After lunch)  We have prizes, breakfast and lunch, trading post, Deer Search tracking at 8 AM, shot placement, tree stand safety, deer sign, calling, scent control, arrow test and KE. 

Rain or shine should be a good time!  Looking forward to greeting some of our member and sharing some great stories, knowledge and information.   

• Like 1