How many Bucks Allowed in NYS?

BizCT

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots.... >:( ....and I don't want to hear but at least it's a purchased tag crap....30 yrs ago when I went to take......... my then a few hours gun course...the guy said who's here to hunt and who's here to get a tag for their husband...a room full of woman and just 2 of us were hunting....are you kidding ...they should have been told to leave

I can't imagine say hey...Mr. B.  I want you to go down to the club and sit through the archery certification course...I need another tag ::)

The party permits were originally good either sex...I put quite a few of them on antlered bucks in the 70s and 80s...Many hunters used them as a second buck tag..

As I remember it, about the time they started calling them DMPs rather than party permits, they became an antlerless only tag...Perhaps in the 90s....

Early party permits required the shooter to wear an armband.. The tag was part of the armband..I still have the remains of mine from 1969...The tag part was detached from it to go on a deer..It's green and made of a tough paper/cloth type material

The armband was discontinued around 1970, I think...

I'll  have to dig it out..perhaps I can get a decent picture of it to post...

I do remember that it took 3 people in my area to draw a LANDOWNER permit....My Dad was the landowner and my uncle and I were on the permit with him... A regular ( non landowner preference)  permit that year took 4 or 5 people...

The armband was discontinued around 1970, I think...

I'll  have to dig it out..perhaps I can get a decent picture of it to post...

I do remember that it took 3 people in my area to draw a LANDOWNER permit....My Dad was the landowner and my uncle and I were on the permit with him... A regular ( non landowner preference)  permit that year took 4 or 5 people...

My first season was 81 and I think it was 3 on a permit in our area. It was the type that went through the leg tendon. the carrier was the one hunting the permit

Who was in charge of skinning the Mastadon after you impailed it on your spears....man you guys are old.

You are right, Doewhacker...Shucks, I remember when Moby Dick was a MINNOW...

Oh , and before Culver jumps on this one, Moby Dick is NOT a social disease.... ;) .....

These forums would be pretty boring if we didn't have a little FUN with each other... ;) ...

I have gleaned a lot of good info from the forums over the years, and hopefully I have contributed a little, but I wouldn't be here if it weren't for the entertainment...

A little good natured ball busting adds to the fun...