Westerner Lost in NY

Private Pyle

Hello Everybody.

I have always wanted to learn the ways of the hunter, but was raised by hippies who preferred the ways of PETA. I moved 2500 miles away from home and am now ready to learn. I live in Commack and would like to meet some people familiar with Long Island and the Hudson Valley for hunting. I've been enjoying reading this forum and thought it was time to reach out to others who have the knowledge and experience I am looking for. Any recommendations where to start? Maybe a good place to look for squirrel? I hope to learn from all of you. Thank you.

-Matt

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Private Pyle said:

Hello Everybody.

I have always wanted to learn the ways of the hunter, but was raised by hippies who preferred the ways of PETA. I moved 2500 miles away from home and am now ready to learn. I live in Commack and would like to meet some people familiar with Long Island and the Hudson Valley for hunting. I've been enjoying reading this forum and thought it was time to reach out to others who have the knowledge and experience I am looking for. Any recommendations where to start? Maybe a good place to look for squirrel? I hope to learn from all of you. Thank you.

-Matt

Welcome...I believe you will find a couple guys on here from the Island area that would help get you started in the right direction.

Are you planning on deer hunting with gun bow or crossbow muzz ?

Did you get a dmp for those areas .

If not your probably going to have a hard time getting anything on public land in Huston valley area,   long Island I here is much better . But I am pretty sure you need a permit to hunt out there for any public land on the island .  Deer on public land are the Rambo of the deer population