I have an addiction!

Buckmaster7600

Over the last year I have bought 7 CVA single shots. I started with a 7mm-08 scout then a 270 scout then a 44mag scout. This spring I found a 35 whelen hunter and a 45-70 hunter last week

My dealer called me and said he had 2 35 rem hunters come in and wanted to know if I wanted one before they went on the shelf I said "I'll take them" he laughed and said what do you want the barrels cut to? I told him just over legal and ream one to 358 win. He chuckled and said he would call me when they are ready. He called tonight but I won't be able to make it up until Friday or Saturday. These guns are so much fun to shoot and super accurate! And they are cheap as hell! I can't wait until he can find me one of the new ones in 460 S&W.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I also just looked them up. Neat looking gun for sure. 

Does cutting the barrel reduce the velocity much ? Accuracy ? 

Not knowing much on rifles the .44 mag intrigues me however 

It slows them down a little. If done properly it doesn't affect accuracy. They are very compact to begin with being a single shot and not having an "action" but I love short light guns and these fit that bill perfectly.

Be careful being intrigued by any rifle in a pistol cartridge! I was there one day when I got my pistol permit and my shiny new Ruger Blackhawk in 357, "it would be cool to have a rifle in 357 too" now I don't even know the count but I know I'm over a dozen rifles chambered in pistol cartridges.

I have been in contact with CVA a few times and keep being told that they will make a rifle in 357 soon, they already make them in their pistol. I can't wait until they do it because I will have it reamed to 357 maximum "my favorite handgun cartridge."

The 460 is exciting as well if nothing else just for versatility because it will be able to shoot 45colt, 454 casull and 460.

Congrats. I too love SS rifles. If I was told tomorrow that all hunting can only be with SS weapons, I'd be fine with that. 

I can't say I would be fine, they are nice to carry but I think I'll stick with my pumps and autos for the majority of my hunting. To me these are just cool cheap play guns.

17 hours ago, ....rob said:

From what Buckmaster7600 has said on here ( and my being intrigued and looking it up ) a slight loss off accuracy and velocity, but not much, a gain in recoil and muzzle blast.

I meant shortening the barrel. 

Guns are an addiction. I have bought 4 in the past year.

Edited by ....rob

They sell the compact with a 20" barrel and $50 less. I am definitely intrigued by this, seems to be similar to the old NEF firearms. Do they offer rifle sights?

H&R sells their "handi rifle" in 300 AAC blackout. I know my next long gun purchase! 

Edited by chas0218

They sell the compact with a 20" barrel and $50 less. I am definitely intrigued by this, seems to be similar to the old NEF firearms. Do they offer rifle sights?

H&R sells their "handi rifle" in 300 AAC blackout. I know my next long gun purchase! 

No sights, I think CVA haS a 300BO as well.

• Like 1

Buckmaster. I just looked them up and they are very interesting. i like the Encore that I have and use it for rifle, pistol and ML. What do you see as an advantage of these over the Encore system? Do the triggers seem pretty consistent to one another?

Triggers seem pretty consistent everyone I have is great!