Hemlock Lake Is Dried Up............

Lawdwaz

At least the south end is, LOL. 

My wife and I slipped out of town yesterday morning for a quick overnight in Wellsboro PA to celebrate our upcoming wedding anniversary.  We've done it numerous times over the 25+ years of marriage as we both love the town.  On the way down we detoured over to Canadice to see a friend and swap out trail cam cards.  After that we headed down to the boat launch in Canadice to wolf down a sammie & a beer.  (she had Snapple.....

Canadice is really low to but there boat launch is still usable.  We headed south and then west to Rt 15a but did another quick detour to the boat launch at the south end of Hemlock as my wife had never seen that end of the lake.  Damn was I surprised how low it was!  You couldn't launch anything as the mud and shallow water stretched for hundreds of yards in all directions.  I don't know officially how low it is but I'd guess 6+ feet?  Genesee Beer is going to have to borrow from Lake Ontario. :)

Looking North........

IMG_0613_zpsjswgvzum.jpg

Looking South.....

IMG_0614_zpsjig241ok.jpg

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 1

Someone put up with you for 25 years? She should run for President!

On a serious note, congrats on the anniversary!

This summer has been dry. I don't know the area you are talking about, but I know the small lakes and streams where I am are not doing all that well. 

Edited by ....rob

6 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Gill net ?!  I heard you guys were throwing dynamite . Dang internet rumors 

You don't THROW dynamite...You carefully submerge it to the depth you want and then connect the wire leads to a detonator...

Dang amateurs !

• Like 1

Wow that is really low.  I am somewhat of a beer snob and Genesee is all that I will buy (I don't turn down most other brands if someone is giving it away).  I don't care for any of that foreign or out of state beer.   "Pure Hemlock Lake water makes it best".  I don't know what I will do if it dries up.  Fortunately, it has been raining cats and dogs most of the day today.      

5 hours ago, growalot said:

2 things...how will this effect the fowl hunters?....and that should make for a little easier deer hunting the ends of the lake...

Is there much waterfowl shooting on the two lakes?  I've killed some ducks down on Canadice but that was back in the late 80's-early 90's.  It was actually very difficult shooting because they came in with the east facing hill (west side of lake) as a back drop and would get lost in the changing foliage.  Never saw them against the sky.........it was tough!

I know a few guys that hunt the creek at the north end of Hemlock and it shouldn't effect them.