Maybe NY State should implement this type of program

shu9265

Happens a lot when the guys doing the enforcement get comfortable.

Especially with local PD in small towns. The guy has to live with the people and doesn't want to piss them off. That being said it only takes one POS to give everyone a bad name.

I think on a whole the majority of guys are good and fair but the "I know a guy" thing comes up and it told and re told to no end.

I had a conversations with DEC officer that i have gotten friendly with that has told me that he doesn't go after locals only the city guys for fines. Most of the locals are killing that many deer and more and since they use the excuse that they need the meat to feed their families they get a pass.

If this is true, the system is totally screwed up.  Fines should be administered to anyone who is caught doing something against regulations.  NO exceptions for anyone.

The locals need to realize that if it wasn't for the city folk coming upstate and spending money it would be no better than living in a third world country.

Not to blow what you have said out of proportion but.....I for one would be more than happy to see the city broken out as a seperate state....I am just fine with our third world country up here. Part of me thinks that it is that attitude that is the main reason for any targeting :)

"The locals need to realize that if it wasn't for the city folk coming upstate and spending money it would be no better than living in a third world country"

hahaha thats a good one, you clearly don't know where your water comes from or the fact that the city cost's the rest of us money. Third world, hahahaha Please stay down there and hunt in Jersey where you belong. Maybe if you didn't have a poor attitude you wouldn't get in trouble so much. And I'm not buying the whole only the city folks are targeted crap either you only need to look at last years sting operation where 75% of the bad guys that were caught were from upstate.

I still can't believe that you think every one upstate is poor, haha thats a good one.

"The locals need to realize that if it wasn't for the city folk coming upstate and spending money it would be no better than living in a third world country"

hahaha thats a good one, you clearly don't know where your water comes from or the fact that the city cost's the rest of us money. Third world, hahahaha Please stay down there and hunt in Jersey where you belong. Maybe if you didn't have a poor attitude you wouldn't get in trouble so much. And I'm not buying the whole only the city folks are targeted crap either you only need to look at last years sting operation where 75% of the bad guys that were caught were from upstate.

I still can't believe that you think every one upstate is poor, haha thats a good one.

I know where my water comes from, only NYC residents get their water from upstate, not long island residents. Also I don't think everyone upstate is poor just that they don't appreciate what the city people do for their economy. There are businesses up there that look forward to opening day when there stores are full of people and their dinners full of patrons all spending money. I just think there is a double standard when it comes to hunting and hunting regulations between the locals and the out of towners.

The locals need to realize that if it wasn't for the city folk coming upstate and spending money it would be no better than living in a third world country.

Not to blow what you have said out of proportion but.....I for one would be more than happy to see the city broken out as a seperate state....I am just fine with our third world country up here. Part of me thinks that it is that attitude that is the main reason for any targeting ;)

;) ;)