anybody here ride

bubba

I was walking through the garage today when I got home.  I realized how much I want to get the bike out and ride.  Anyone else here ride a motorcycle.  if so what ya got?  I got my bike endorsement back in 77.  I currently ride a 1982 yamaha seca 750 4 cylinder inline shaft drive.  It has 278 thousand actual miles as I have owned it since it was new.  I am looking at a new gold wing, but I wont get rid of the silver streak. 

post-349-131455417797_thumb.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i used to ride for years, i had a 2002 Honda F4I (600) sold it stopped riding for awhile and then lost my best friend on his bike this past August. So dethe thought of riding is out the window for me. I did enjoy it tho, it was therapeutic for me :(

how is it riding up by you? kind of dangerous out here on the island.

it isnt bad here.  A lot of more back roads and less trafffic.  If I lived on th eisland, a bike would be a um no way.  My job requires me to travel all over the county. Nothing better than hopping in my bike and riding all over to visit clients and get paid for it.

I quit riding 25 years ago when I got married and after having several accidents(promised the wife). Living on LI and working in the city and riding a bike is pretty tricky. Sold my 650 Bonneville's and 750 Norton's. However, unbeknownst to her, I still ride friend's dirt bike off road upstate when given the opportunity. :(

I had dirt bikes and a motorcycle when I was younger. I started riding on the street and with the way people drive, it scared the hell out of me. I gave it up quick. My fiance and I have been considering a CanAm Spyder for a couple of years so that either of us could drive it. Her family is big into bikes and it would be fun to be able to get out with them once in a while. The gas mileage would be great during the summer too.

I rode one of those spyders before and it was o.k. I wanted to lean in every corner like you do on a bike when you dont have to on a spyder. I used to ride I had a yamaha vmax and it was fun till an 75 year old lady cut me off and scared the hell out of me. I just cant enjoy it when Im more worried about other drivers than enjoying the surroundings. I also think loud pipe dirt bag Harley biker wanna bee's should be banned. They stroll through town and goose the throttle at every stop light thinking there cool cause they have loud pipes. Should be a noise restriction like there is on snowmobiles.

Reminds me of a joke:

What does a Harley and a vacuum cleaner have in common?

They both make a lot of noise,  they both suck and they both have a dirt bag on them.

I ride a couple of Harley's as well as race bikes.  A couple of us guys got together to form a club and pooled our money to buy 6 bikes.  A few of us already had one, but we thought it would be cool to buy a couple that we could all ride.  It is easy to buy a $6000 bike when you only need to pony up a grand each.  You can also sell one to get a different one.

So now we have two 1000cc race bikes and 4 Harley's.  I like the V-Rod and the Super Glide, but they don't compare speed wise to my old Cow.

Bubba Your taking it the wrong way, Im not reaching out to your friends per say cause I dont know them. What I mean is the guys who wear those leather vest with no shirt under drinking long neck Buds at a bar then hopping on there sportster and flying away redlineing it between gears at 3am. The guy who you know well but when he is on his bike and with his biker buddies wont even say whats up cause he is a tough guy that day.  Sorry if I offended anyone butjust my 2cents.

we attend Americade every year. If you saw me there, or an any ride, with my boots jeans vest and dew rag, you would not probably talk to me, like I was some killer bad ass biker.  I ram by bike hard when I take off too.  I guess getting older is not as much fun as I thought.

I sold mine last year, but maybe some day I will get into it again..who knows. I miss the speed but I value my life so its gone..haha

Here it was...

Doe nice Busa! i know a guys who had one that looked like yours but it was turbo with an extended swing arm... my buddy who passed away last year had a Busa as well. Nice bikes.

we attend Americade every year. If you saw me there, or an any ride, with my boots jeans vest and dew rag, you would not probably talk to me, like I was some killer bad ass biker.  I ram by bike hard when I take off too.  I guess getting older is not as much fun as I thought.

Much like you bubba... most guys that saw me at Americade would think the same ... tatoos and all

here is a pic of my ride.. 1993 Harley Electraglide Sport

post-1627-131455418117_thumb.jpg

post-1627-131455418128_thumb.jpg

I live down the road from Americade, about 15-20minutes, we call it Trailercade because so many people haul their bikes there and then unload them and roll through town and its the only riding they do. Alot of us have a love hate felling about it, we love the money for the area but hate the idiots that come along with it, mostly the trouble makers (kids) that come from the Albany area. That and the constant reving..haha ya we all know you have loud pipes, so does every one else here. It is a really wide variety type of event though, you can see just about any bike there and the people that are there for it are usually nice.

Oh and thanks Geno, if I wasn't married with kids I would probaly have a built Busa right now, after a few thousand miles and two different Busa's I was getting bored with it. I will say that I never came across any thing on the roads that was faster though, not that there wasn't any thing out there, I just never ran with any thing that was. I have ALOT of memories from riding...ahh memories.

Hey Antler, whats the Full dresser called I can't remember? Well any way we rented one when we went to Vegas 4 years ago and road about 400 miles back and forth to Zion National Park, it was a real nice ride. The conditions however were not nice, sustained winds of 40-50 and gusts of 90 to 100...I thought we were gonna eat it that day. Real comfy riding bike though.

I believe it's call the Electraglide Classic... my bike was discontinued in 1993 and evolved into what is now known as the "Road King"...

Yup that was it, my Father in law has a Fatboy and my brother inlaw has a sweet looking Duece. I think they are more into the t-shirts and gear nowadays than they are riding but thats ok.

Oh and thanks Geno, if I wasn't married with kids I would probaly have a built Busa right now, after a few thousand miles and two different Busa's I was getting bored with it. I will say that I never came across any thing on the roads that was faster though, not that there wasn't any thing out there, I just never ran with any thing that was. I have ALOT of memories from riding...ahh memories.

i remember a big thing a few years ago was busas and Toyota Supras going at it big time. The Busa guys with bottles couldn't believe the Supras would walk a bike up top lol