Hello to all...

Roe

Just stopping in to say hello & hopefully meet & learn any & all I can to get out in the fields this year.  I'm a total newb from NYC boros, I have some shooting experience but haven't purchased my rifle as yet. Hopefully my permit comes in asap so I can zero in at a range. Also looking to purchase a compound bow from an acquaintance this upcoming weekend. I've been to archery range a few times & done well so far but only using a recurved bow. I will adjust to compound once I get it here next weekend. I really have no idea about where to go & happened upon this site on FB & hopeful to meet, learn, & hopefully get out for the whitetails. Hopeful to purchase land in NC in the future & try homesteading so hunting is a big part & well here I am. Thanks for your time & hope to here from a few folks.

• Like 2

Welcome to the hunting and the forum, Roe.  You showed up a little late to the party.  The season is in full swing so most hunters will probably be too busy with their own hunting to assist.  Maybe in the offseason.  You can check out Blue Mountain Sportsman Center in Westchester to do some shooting and they have an archery range out to 60 yards as well as a 3D bow range.  Once weather gets too cold, check out Davis Shooting Sports in Orange County.  They have an indoor shooting range out to 100 yards.

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome folks! I appreciate all the info already, I know I was coming in close to the start of the season but it is what it is. I have gotten lucky that a few friends are going to let me hit their properties but I don't think i'm going to attempt bow hunting this season as I know I'm not ready... I am going to scout the area with him & hopefully get out there for rifle season. I will be checking the outdoor ranges asap. Good luck to all out there & be safe.