Sent blockers sent blocking clothing can they really work ?

LJC

A deer's noes is at least as good as a dogs .

Now  how can any sent block actually fool the noes of a deer when every breath you take leave sent on the ground .

You would have to be in a space suit that was washed off after you got in it that held in in all body gases for it to  actually work.

Just my opinion. :)

Edited by LJC

If down wind they know what you had to eat the prior week. We wash clothes in special soap , acorn cover spray and trying Ever calm this year. After a few days I'm sure we stink. Don't buy into scent lock clothing. I've killed quite a few deer after wearing clothes for days on end , gutting and dragging deer. May I have seen others down wind of me , maybe. The first few days in the woods are by far your best chance of shooting one . So scent reduced we are. After that we're relying on dumb luck anyhow 

11 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

A deers nose is better than a dog's first off. Scent blocker and scent lok were sued and proven to be ineffective at blocking human scent. If u clean your hunting clothes regularly and pay attention to the wind u will b good. Now the ozone stuff has my interest.

Yep that's what I thought you breath your leaving sent only way to stop leaving sent is to be in a airtight container like spacesuit  I'm surprised  someone doesn't try making one and  marketing it to  hunters . Guaranteed someone will  buy it  even if it's $5,000 lol   when just being on the right side of the wind works and it's free :)

Some years back I was out Coon hunting with a friend of mine, we had just left the truck and I had an English Coonhound name Eli on leash as we made our way toward a cornfield. About 50 yards from the corn field Eli stood up on his hind legs and let out a strike bark. We shined our spotlight at the corn field to see if we could pick out anything and my hunting partner spotted eyes way across the corn high up in a tree on the other side of the field a good 200 yards away. 

There was a light breeze blowing directly from the cornfield toward us and I told my friend I will bet Eli is winding that laid up Coon. One way to find out, I cut him loose and he tore across the corn field full steam ahead. About five minutes later he let out a locate bark and fell treed right on that tree with the Coon's eyes looking right at us. We went over and plunked out a 20 pound coon.

Al

It never passed the sniff test for me. Apparently not for science, either.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/hunting/2013/07/something-stinks-scent-lok

I'm sure it is possible to scent-lock your body. Put on a dry suit; it's like a hazmat suit for divers. Or wear a hazmat. Something impermeable to gas would definitely lock your odor in (and your sweat).

As always, how much help does a person want with hunting? If it were possible to get a tree stand that makes you literally invisible and odor proof I am sure it would sell like hot cakes, but it simplifies hunting.

I think it helps, is it magic? no. I think we have come a long ways in scent control. Nothing is 100% but I do wear scent lok when bow hunting. I also keep them in a tote with an ozone generator and spray down before going in the woods and never wear my hunting clothes in my truck or house. Have I been winded by deer yes. Have I been winded by less deer I don't know. Have I wasted money on way dumber things in my life absolutely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heres my take on Scent Blocker clothing. and experience lol. it is only used to keep the smell of  your under garments(everything under that jacket/pants) trapped inside and not getting out. you still have to keep the outside scent free, along with any other odors you may have that you can control. 

In my experience if the carbon layers are activated on the suit properly. It works great. the reason I say so is the following lol:

After a night of eating at Bins Bins in bath the Chinese buffet. I had a sudden build up of gas hit me like a ton of bricks. With deer actually within bow range, i didn't dare "let it rip".. eventually the deer wandered off and the pressure was still present. So i relieved myself. Curious to see if the carbon layers worked or not after a fresh wash and low heat activate cycle. I never smelled it, and i knew it was a good one that should have some stank. lol not to be gross. Took my suit off a couple hours later and gah i tell you what, that thing had hang time!! i couldn't hardly breathe! No this is not a joke lol True story

needless to say i re activated the carbon layers in case any "clogging" occurred lol 

other than that, if one keeps any type of clothing as scent free as possible, and can control bodily functions.. it will work just as good!

• Like 1