Trespassers

ATbuckhunter

Don't think i want anything to get physical as this guy is also a father, and no kid should witness a parent in a physical confrontation. I have all of his information and will be talking to him as soon as possible. No hard feelings as long as he no longer invites people to hunt and no longer moves through the property during hunting season. 

Good move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Big Indian said:

Not hunting related, but I had a woman pull onto my property last year and start picking my apples rite off the tree ( which, by the way, has a posted sign on it). When I asked her what she was doing she said " you have such beautiful apples, I want to make a pie with them". I said unless you plan on making me a pie you should empty your bag and depart my property immediately. She could not understand why I was angry until I told her if I did the same on her property she would not appreciate it.

I am sure she came back when I had left for the weekend, the nerve of some people !

Was her name Eve? You know woman and apples have a way of causing trouble...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Wow, did you have him charged?

Sure did, he is the neighboring land owners his brother. The land owner has tried to apologize for his brother on numerous occasions, if he didn't almost kill someone and was just something minor I would accept it but putting someone else's life at risk there is not an apology big enough in my book. People like him don't belong in the woods, common sense goes a long ways. When it comes to other people I don't pass judgement or fly off at the mouth unless I'm really antagonized. I'm pretty mild mannered but my wife and father said they have "never seen that kind of anger from me". I was pretty ticked to say the least.

Edited by chas0218
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2016 at 11:19 AM, grampy said:

gotten a reputation for being rude to trespassers and having people ticketed, by having a couple close friends, who are state troopers hunting there. The only way to stem the tide of trespassers is to be not so nice, and to be on the property, a lot!

100% agree. Being nice and respectful was not working for me when I first purchased my land. Only way I finally got the locals to respect my land was to go balls to the wall, immediately, no holding back. I'm  "the crazy guy that owns the farm on such and such Rd", and I'm perfectly ok with that. Trespassing and poaching is a huge problem in my area, but i haven't had any issues since I started pressing charges. I work to hard and put to much time into my land to let people disrespect it. I refuse to be disrespected. 

I'm sure there are honest hunters out there that actually do get false information, lost or simply wonder through into private property. I would not recommend to anyone to be a complete jerk right off the bat, BUT in my case i was dealing with repeat offenders , whom i was nice and respectful to at first, and being a hard a** was the only thing that worked. My borders (180 acres) are 360 degrees heavily posted with 3 strands of barbed wire. For anyone to cross my borders, they would clearly know they are Trespassing on legally posted private property. 

So glad I don't have to deal with this stuff anymore, and I feel badly for those of you that do deal with trespassers. Pick and choose your battles and good luck. 

Edited by QDM4ME
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rack Attack said:

They must not own very much land if they can fence it all in...

Yeah..No Sh!t and why should someone have to go to that pain and expense to keep some lowlife off your property?..Know where your at and you would not have that problem.  I should not have to run around and chase the losers!!!

• Like 2

After 2 weeks it doesnt look like hes been back since that day. I had a feeling he was a good guy and he's certainly proving it to me for sure! Now i have to deal with a trespasser at another property I hunt. I almost don't want to tell the landowner about the guy trespassing because I know he's going to say some things that probably should be said on this forum. Although this guy is riding around the woods with a rifle during bow season, messing with my trail cams and complaining about trespassers at the same time. Guy must be a serious multitasker. 

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:07 PM, growalot said:

In this day and age you don't want to grab anyone.  Just calling names can land you with  assault charges.. alll have to say is they "felt threatened". :wink:

Yup, don't say your going to knock on the ass just do it LOL. Trespassers have been a pain in my rear for years. Hell had them hunting my running pen fenced area, jumped the fence. Had them park on the next road and hunt near my stand and shoot too. Had 2 shoot a buck I was watching from there car, and run after him. So every year I post every year they come back. The years I put my foot in someone ass are the times I get a break for a while. Now these Amish area whole different animal. That's what I have to deal with now. I tried being nice it don't work. Start off being hardcore make an example of them asap, To me its the same as them robbing me. This my daughters ground blind and this is the same Amish I told Last year and the year before that and that. Example time Sunday morning, The funny thing is they told me the only deer hunt. 30ft back are posted signs and a sign that says property is protected by camera. There are 3 in this group, Last Dec I counted 36 while I was on stand. LAW TIME.IMAG0035.JPG

Yup, don't say your going to knock on the ass just do it LOL. Trespassers have been a pain in my rear for years. Hell had them hunting my running pen fenced area, jumped the fence. Had them park on the next road and hunt near my stand and shoot too. Had 2 shoot a buck I was watching from there car, and run after him. So every year I post every year they come back. The years I put my foot in someone ass are the times I get a break for a while. Now these Amish area whole different animal. That's what I have to deal with now. I tried being nice it don't work. Start off being hardcore make an example of them asap, To me its the same as them robbing me. This my daughters ground blind and this is the same Amish I told Last year and the year before that and that. Example time Sunday morning, The funny thing is they told me the only deer hunt. 30ft back are posted signs and a sign that says property is protected by camera. There are 3 in this group, Last Dec I counted 36 while I was on stand. LAW TIME.IMAG0035.JPG

A landowner I used to trap for had a Amish guy arrested and charged for stealing my traps and shooting thru his pole barn and boat inside. Ended up serving some time after missimg court

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I went to  there home to show them and tell them that's it. I said aren't you the one last year I told stay out! He says Yes but that's not me, I'am looking at them dressed the same LOL. My dealing with them have been the lie, use what ever they want, and kill every deer they see in or out of season. Since they moved in Deer don't come out in the fields around there place or mine.

On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 0:46 PM, Uptown Redneck said:

Was her name Eve? You know woman and apples have a way of causing trouble...

Funny I had same thing happen to.me caught this 80 year old lady picking  tomatoes from the garden .  I couldn't believe my eyes . She was  like you most be so and so I'm friends with  so and  so said and they said I could  pick some tomatoes.  She was old so I just told her ok this time but don't come back . 

2 hours ago, Rack Attack said:

And why would I let you hunt? I have no idea who you even are?  You can buy it, anything is for sale make me an offer...

How much to hunt your farm ? 

Can keep the Amish people if I catch them on your property lol 

Just joking 

Edited by LJC

Yep that's hats there names lol No for real that is the guys name. Update DEC said WEDSDAY or Thursday they will be out. I will see what happens,last year they did come out. My friend's in Kentucky and Pennsylvania have a bad problem with Amish, they call them the blue army. They say deer numbers are so bad in there areas it's crazy.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Hard to identify them...They all look alike...

Funny thing, when I was a mere wisp of a lad ( back when Moby Dick was a minnow)  people used to make road trips to SE/SC Pennsylvania just to see the Amish farms, horses and buggies, etc.

Now they're all over the place around here.

Instead of urban sprawl, we suffer front AMISH sprawl...hehehehe..

They also seem to have a talent  for building their houses right smack dab in the middle of the best hunting spots..

Several of my most productive (former) turkey roosts and deer watches now have Amish houses built on them.

59 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Hard to identify them...They all look alike...

Funny thing, when I was a mere wisp of a lad ( back when Moby Dick was a minnow)  people used to make road trips to SE/SC Pennsylvania just to see the Amish farms, horses and buggies, etc.

Now they're all over the place around here.

Instead of urban sprawl, we suffer front AMISH sprawl...hehehehe..

They also seem to have a talent  for building their houses right smack dab in the middle of the best hunting spots..

Several of my most productive (former) turkey roosts and deer watches now have Amish houses built on them.

Looks like one of the Martin brothers to me...

Edited by chas0218