How many acres do you have access too?

Doewhacker

Your smallest plot alone in 5R is still more than what I have to hunt in 5R.  That's an awesome list considering all the suburban sprawl inside 5R.  

I'm a new hunter and thought that maybe I was pressuring the deer too much last season.  After seeing your parcel list, that was most likely the case.  Glad you posted this because it's convinced me to go try some public land hunting (despite knowing Jack Squat about where to go).   

8 hours ago, Jdubs said:

Your smallest plot alone in 5R is still more than what I have to hunt in 5R.  That's an awesome list considering all the suburban sprawl inside 5R.  

I'm a new hunter and thought that maybe I was pressuring the deer too much last season.  After seeing your parcel list, that was most likely the case.  Glad you posted this because it's convinced me to go try some public land hunting (despite knowing Jack Squat about where to go).   

Small parcel hunting can be tricky, I might have one ok stand location on that 50 acres or there might not be any depending on wind. That is why I like to have a list of options, with the wrong wind it isn't even worth hunting. It seems more and more guys hunt smaller and smaller parcels of land. It has been said before on here, the worst hunter can look like the best if he is on the right plot of land. I am still in search of that perfect plot so I can seem like the best hunter lol.

• Like 1

We have thousands of public acres on LI with many small parcels, I have not even begun to test the waters of all this land.  Up North 3 million acres is all I need to get lost in bliss.  

Southern Zone, Roscoe 600 acres, Prattsville 300+ acres, Long Eddie and Port Jervis about 200 acres.  More area's I have hunted but I do not go to these spots anymore since I really started to hunt LI a few years ago.  These are the larger parcels on private land.  I have hunted as small as 1 acre on private lands that my buddy has about 10+ parcels. 

• Like 1