Baiting Deer

shu9265

Agreed NYantler. WHY do we need anything more to control kill numbers?

This forum compounds how many spoiled kids are rasied by an inferior wildlife organization.

I want a crossbow, baitpiles, blah blah....... Learn to hunt. If you cannot kill deer in the SZ of NY you do not put the effort forth to deserve the reward.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea..spoiled..i dont have a problem gettin deer without bait...ive gotten all my deer with the bow with the exception of one..shotgun..i dont have a problem getting close to deer..ive only ever taken one deer from a stand..all the rest have been land based..so believe me..i can hunt...i dont need feeders..but there is potential there..and some of you spoke of controlling the deer herd age...theres no better way of studying a herd of any animal..and judge size and age other than bait..there are many other benifits other than the hunting aspect of feeders..those are just factual

Its doin the same as sittin on food plots..apple tree..corn field..scents..you just dont wanna bring yourself to look at itthat  way...but you have to think straitline for your site...i get that...wouldnt that  set up potentially better shots on deer...dont you think about that? You also showed concern for the taking of buttons..cant you imagine that happening less..its easy  if you try

I take black walnuts, butternuts and put them in the woods for the squirrels to plant for future tree/food/wood production.  I don't hunt on the piles.  Is this baiting.  It's easier for them and they do a better job than I can at planting/starting young trees.  Plus they work all week along, when I only can be there a few days a week, if I'm lucky.

Thanks.

Antler..ask texas how their qdm program is going with feeders being a tool...id gladly take one of their 2yr olds...

The zoo has big deer too.. as do high fenced areas.. neither one do I consider real deer management nor fair chase... apples and oranges Rocket

LMAO, im sorry i had to laugh at your comment.

what can i say? you are a man of your own beliefs i guess, nothing wrong with that. it adds to this forum forsure... i have a buddy that looks like you and is similar to the way he carries himself. Hes a pisser, crazy SOB but a pisser... Its always good times with him.

O.k...didnt think this was appropriate..why are you so hung up on me and weed...you kno everyone has the ability to go out and purchase a bottle of booze..drink it and die..never heard of anyone smokin so much weed they died...

Weed has killed plenty of people.  Maybe we can start that debate on the general chit chat forum.

Now back on topic, 

I say profit from the baiting.  It is going to happen anyway, it happens all over the state.  There are several places to buy apples by the bin, corn by the ton, and carrots by the pallet within a 30 minute drive from my house alone.  There are guys at those places all day long buying "goat feed."  I am willing to bet my house that a good percentage of people who belong to this site bait in one form or another.

The state should sell a baiting permit for $250 per year and make the fines if caught baiting without a permit extreme.  Right now you can bait deer, get caught and only be out $77.50.  ($25 fine, $52.50 court fee)  No loss of license.  No loss of guns.  Just a fine and back out hunting.  Sell the permits and up the fines to $1000.00.  Maybe we could get our fisheries and pheasant stocking programs back on track.