Baiting Deer

shu9265

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that was funny! lol

Am I gonna be introuble for raking the acorns in my yard into a pile, the deer liked them this winter. No I didn't think of them when I was raking, I was thinking, my what a pain in the arse this is I should be out hunting instead of raking.....and then there was a rake laying in the yard and no Doewhacker behind it..haha

I hunt near alfalfa..corn..and apple trees..is that bait?

Is it bait ? Yes ........

Is it illegal in NY ? ....... No , if it's left where it is (not moved) . An apple tree has apples , which is bait . If you hunt an apple orchard , it's not baiting as the apples are left where they are grown .

Baiting is placing a subtance that is immediately attracting game

Food plots, Oak Trees, Funnels, Corn fields are not baiting. Estrus urine is.

Just my thoughts.

Typically this topic comes up, especially on here, when someone is whining about not being able to legally use the deercane, greens-n-rage, etc, crap that they bought from Gander or Dicks (which why the F are they selling that here???)....... Laziness and a lack of drive and skill with no motivation to change that. -Sorry for the vent-

Venting is o.k....but yer scratching at the point im tryin to make..there are different views on what is and what should be bait..i personally have never baited a deer..but wouldnt mind seeing it legal..in this time when we have scent control..better camo..faster bows and very  powerful scents making it easier to get into closer range..why people hunt with rifles is beyond me..but if all this is happening...why not give it a shot...other states have great success with it..just like ar right? And like i said..feeders are a great tool in ar...its all in the eye of the beholder..i totally agree  about the estrus urine..but because its legal..guys will fight you on that..i use it..ill admit..but again..be stupid not to take full advantage...

Venting is o.k....but yer scratching at the point im tryin to make..there are different views on what is and what should be bait..i personally have never baited a deer..but wouldnt mind seeing it legal..in this time when we have scent control..better camo..faster bows and very  powerful scents making it easier to get into closer range..why people hunt with rifles is beyond me..but if all this is happening...why not give it a shot...other states have great success with it..just like ar right? And like i said..feeders are a great tool in ar...its all in the eye of the beholder..i totally agree  about the estrus urine..but because its legal..guys will fight you on that..i use it..ill admit..but again..be stupid not to take full advantage...

I'm not sure how baiting has anything to do with "Hunting".. maybe killing.. but not hunting. I don't understand the concept of wanting to make hunting easier... where is the fun in that? What ever happened to fair "chase"?? That's just my take on it.