Pulled the trigger

nybuckboy

I decided to commit to the shot at 645am this morning. This guy came through and I didn't have too much time to analyze the size but saw the wide rack and decided to take the shot. He was on the move through some small beech trees and I waited for the spot between the leaves at 15 yards and let it go. Straight thru the heart and took out the opposite lung.

First time using a Rage hypo and to tell you the truth I think I just itching to see if these things worked like they say they do. Yep! They do. Never saw a blood trail like this. He didn't go 35 yards and all they way till he went down it looked the blood pic - which by the way was right where I initially hit him. It actually got worse as he went. 

I think he's an older buck going the other way... thoughts?

fullsizeoutput_4de.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4df.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4e2.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4e0.jpeg

• Like 18

hard to say. nice buck though.  if he's going the other way the back teeth will look flat as a board with no mountain peaks to them at all on the tongue (lingual) side.  the fourth tooth back is the oldest tooth in the mouth.  start with that one and work back.  you can skip the first three.  not talking about 6 incisors all way in the front either.  congrats!

Edited by dbHunterNY

Update - went back to look for arrow and could not find it at the pass through initial spot so retraced the blood trail and about 20 yds later there it was. Must not have completely exited the body but did have a large exit hole and must have flopped around a short while. Also measured the rack and 18" wide.