Buying license on probation question

Cowboys518

Yeah my father in law owns 100 acres up thier so it's just gonna be me and 2 other , just don't wanna drive up and get declined the license , gonna go buy a pa license tomorrow to see if they will let me , my PO must be on vacation or I would ask her because she ain't answering , about buying a license ,

I'll be the one to admit I messed up real bad once. Was on probation for long time. I sat down with PO and worked it out with him. I was allowed to possess firearms. Hunting licences are not reported and no backround checks are required. But I will say new York is also a decriminalized state for MJ and if that charge was here it's no worse than a speeding ticket. Good luck with your choice I'd be more than happy to answer anything else in a PM.

Delete this post and stop and formally introduce yourself in a thread. Not a great way to start off

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

BTW I personally know a guy who got same charge in PA and after his probation got a pistol permit from NY but bc of the charge in PA the nics check will not allow him to buy one bc of red flag in PA. Screwed up. MJ is not a arrest able offence in NY.

As said above I messed up bad when I was 17 got in alot of trouble and now also have CCW permit. Had to meet with sheriff and judge about it. Not about what you did (non violent anyway) but about how you change after

31 minutes ago, Cowboys518 said:

I'm on probation in Pa , for possession charge , non violent no felon or gun charge , I'm not suppose to leav the county nor state but I have a question am I allowed to buy a hunting license ? I'm going hunting in New York this weekend and gonna buy a license up thier , when u buy a hunting license is it reported to like anyone or anywhere , will my PO find out I was buying hunting license out of state ? I'm sure not many have exsperiemce but if anyone does or any advice pleas help , and don't say how it's a bad idea because I know and don't really need to hear what I know about leaving the state , but any help or tips will be appreciated with buying the license , thanks , 

Well folks that's why they call it dope......:rofl:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cowboys518 said:

I'm on probation in Pa , for possession charge , non violent no felon or gun charge , I'm not suppose to leav the county nor state but I have a question am I allowed to buy a hunting license ? I'm going hunting in New York this weekend and gonna buy a license up thier , when u buy a hunting license is it reported to like anyone or anywhere , will my PO find out I was buying hunting license out of state ? I'm sure not many have exsperiemce but if anyone does or any advice pleas help , and don't say how it's a bad idea because I know and don't really need to hear what I know about leaving the state , but any help or tips will be appreciated with buying the license , thanks , 

Just ask your lawyer and PO officer for permision instead of risking getting in trouble again .

• Like 1

You do realize that you just posted online about violating your probation. Darwinism at its best. I hope you don't accidentally shoot yourself out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

yeah there are a lot of police officers on this forum in itself and its not hard to track a name back to a ip address. id suggest you delete this post and ask your p.o/lawyer.

Again NY does not care about his charge in PA they will not do anything. It's more of what happens if his PO in PA finds out. NY will not do anything but wish him luck as the crime he has is not a crime in NY.

But I also suggest deleting it for own sake.

9 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

Again NY does not care about his charge in PA they will not do anything. It's more of what happens if his PO in PA finds out. NY will not do anything but wish him luck as the crime he has is not a crime in NY.

But I also suggest deleting it for own sake.

Ny wont do anything criminally i agree, but i know a fair share of officers that would find his p.o and report him. 99.9 chance youll be fine. and that possesion charge also is dependent on what was possesed and how much, you dont usually get probation for simple upm.

Edited by Hock3y24

WOW, I would suggest not going on facebook and showing off pictures of your trip to NY and any deer you shoot either.  Asking for help to violate your parole, you pals with Uptown Redneck by chance, you may know him he is a guy who hates guys who have a job to uphold the law and protect him and his rights. LOL

Edited by wdswtr
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, wdswtr said:

WOW, I would suggest not going on facebook and showing off pictures of your trip to NY and any deer you shoot either.  Again just. Asking for help to violate your parole, you pals with Uptown Redneck by chance LOL

Most be uptowns relitive .  The guy should Just go talk to his lawyer to get the answers he is looking for . He will know what to do .