America as seen from abroad.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you guys are whack jobs, and just as dangerous as the left wing whack jobs.

Arrow, what nations in history that you know of have pulled out of a debt like we are facing?  Did they do it by spending more, printing more, and borrowing more money like we are doing?  Did it work in the past?

Do you think America is somehow exempt from falling into the same enslavement as Communist Russia and China, Nazi Germany, the countries of the middle east, etc?  Were those people just stupid?  Are we too smart to have our rights and liberties taken from us, especially in a time of economic stress?

I apologize if it sounds like I understand it all.  I don't.  I do think most Americans have no idea that we could be already over the edge or the point of no return.  I agree w/those saying Americans are generally more interested in Hollywood and sports than they are in what is changing in Washington and the world.  It is dangerous to assume America is fine because hey, for as long as we've lived, America was the richest and most powerful nation on earth.  That is quickly changing. 

Arrow, what nations in history that you know of have pulled out of a debt like we are facing?  Did they do it by spending more, printing more, and borrowing more money like we are doing?  Did it work in the past?

Do you think America is somehow exempt from falling into the same enslavement as Communist Russia and China, Nazi Germany, the countries of the middle east, etc?  Were those people just stupid?  Are we too smart to have our rights and liberties taken from us, especially in a time of economic stress?

I apologize if it sounds like I understand it all.  I don't.  I do think most Americans have no idea that we could be already over the edge or the point of no return.  I agree w/those saying Americans are generally more interested in Hollywood and sports than they are in what is changing in Washington and the world.  It is dangerous to assume America is fine because hey, for as long as we've lived, America was the richest and most powerful nation on earth.  That is quickly changing.

Paranoid ranting.  Our country is in no danger of losing our democracy.

There have been economic challenges in the past...America has survived them.  There has been ideology shifts throughout our history......America has survived them.

Our system allows for political and ideological change, but it comes relatively slowly.  A more fiscally conservative congress elected last November is a start. 

I'm not saying America is going to collapse next week.  But you seem to hold to the logic that "America has always pulled through in the past, so we will of course survive this."  America isn't even 250 yrs old, look at the bigger picture.  The world is changing.  This isn't 1945. Our liberties are at risk/being taken.

I'm not saying America is going to collapse next week.  But you seem to hold to the logic that "America has always pulled through in the past, so we will of course survive this."  America isn't even 250 yrs old, look at the bigger picture.  The world is changing.  This isn't 1945. Our liberties are at risk/being taken.

When has the world not been changing?

What liberties, specifically, are being threatened or taken?

What is so dire that you can envision a collapse of the American way of life, which is the envy of people across the globe, anytime in the foreseeable future?

When has the world not been changing?

What liberties, specifically, are being threatened or taken?

What is so dire that you can envision a collapse of the American way of life, which is the envy of people across the globe, anytime in the foreseeable future?

Yes the world has 'always' changed, the difference is today the US is not in the same position it was the last hundred yrs.  Yes, some of the country still looks beautiful and most Americans have all the toys they could want.  What I'm saying is the machine is broke and the 'empire' may not look the same in the coming decade or two.  The backbone of American progress is now fittingly referred to as the Rust Belt. 

New threats to our liberty:

HEALTHCARE BILL!!  Look what just happened last yr in America!!

UN ClimateChange Conference--this could change/eliminate our sovereignty overnight

OUR DEBT is 14 TRILLION DOLLARS!!! We face the real possibility of financial failure like no other time in our history.

UN Convention on the Rights of the Child--will STRIP parental rights in America

Last couple presidents who assume more and more power

Judicial activism

Rise of Islam in America

Terror/ Patriot Act/Right to Privacy

Nuclear weapons in Iran/ N Korea--what happens if/when we CAN't afford to fight anymore? or a couple of our cities are nuked?

Economy

Taxes

Just because the 'American Dream' is/was once a way of life here, doesn't mean its going to continue when the machine that fueled it is now rusty and may be broke.  Rome, the greatest empire in history collapsed, we might to.  I hope not.

So I went through a similar list on a different thread already today, so I will not respond point by point.

Yes...the rust belt.  Of course, it has been replaced by silicon valley.  America continues to reinvent itself. 

The UN - we are not bound by the UN, and will continue to do what is in our own best interests, just as we always have.

Neither NK or Iran has the ability to deliver a nuclear weapon to the continental US, and it is unlikely that they will possess that capability for generations.

Yes the deficit sucks...we did not get here overnight.  Many administrations are to blame.  The new congress was elected to get that ball rolling....let's see how they do.

So I went through a similar list on a different thread already today, so I will not respond point by point.

Yes...the rust belt.  Of course, it has been replaced by silicon valley.  America continues to reinvent itself. 

The UN - we are not bound by the UN, and will continue to do what is in our own best interests, just as we always have.

Neither NK or Iran has the ability to deliver a nuclear weapon to the continental US, and it is unlikely that they will possess that capability for generations.

Yes the deficit sucks...we did not get here overnight.  Many administrations are to blame.  The new congress was elected to get that ball rolling....let's see how they do.

North Korea is also developing longer-range Taepo Dong missiles. The Taepo Dong 1, one of which was test fired over Japan in 1998, has a range of 1,500-2,200 kilometers. The North Koreans also have an even longer-range missile, the Taepo Dong II, under development, which could have a range of up to 6,000 kilometers. These two-stage missiles might be able to hit Alaska or Hawaii. North Korea has exported missiles and missile technology to Iran, Pakistan, Egypt, Yemen, Syria and probably other nations. 29 

Ok now that we have established the capability to get a missle here... all we need to do is add the Nuke...but I'm sure you don't think hawaii and alaska is really considered the US.. so this will mean nothing to you

Man, every time I come on to this site it's politics or religion. Yea we have the space for it but what about kicking it out of recent posts?  Admin- how about it? I'm here for the hunting end of it, I can go else where for the political and religion end of things.

North Korea is also developing longer-range Taepo Dong missiles. The Taepo Dong 1, one of which was test fired over Japan in 1998, has a range of 1,500-2,200 kilometers. The North Koreans also have an even longer-range missile, the Taepo Dong II, under development, which could have a range of up to 6,000 kilometers. These two-stage missiles might be able to hit Alaska or Hawaii. North Korea has exported missiles and missile technology to Iran, Pakistan, Egypt, Yemen, Syria and probably other nations. 29 

Ok now that we have established the capability to get a missle here... all we need to do is add the Nuke...but I'm sure you don't think hawaii and alaska is really considered the US.. so this will mean nothing to you

I said "Continental" US, you dum dum.  Even the Alaskan islands and Hawaii would be at the far end of its possible range, and it has never actually demonstrated its range....it failed in 2 test flights.  I am surprised you had to look it up...it caused an international incidnt a couple years back.

It is hardly a legitimate threat to us as a nation.

BTW....the "just add the nuke" part is the tricky part, or so I am told.

But if you dudes lay awake at night worrying about NK nukes, you are wasting your time.

Scary thought- everyone having access to health care.  That'll be the end of us.

This one, i've got to hear.  Can you please explain?

Scary thought- everyone having access to health care.  That'll be the end of us.

If you don't see the abuse of the American people and the constitution in the healthcare bill and how it was rammed through, then I can't convince you. 

The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child is a serious enough threat to our sovereignty and individual rights to warrant a major push for a constitutional amendment, the Parental Rights Amendment.  Sad we have to amend our constitution to block liberal/UN attempts to take our freedom.

I am not "scared" of the future, but I do try to objectively discern what is going on, and America is not as strong as we look.

Man, every time I come on to this site it's politics or religion. Yea we have the space for it but what about kicking it out of recent posts?  Admin- how about it? I'm here for the hunting end of it, I can go else where for the political and religion end of things.

There are numerous topics and threads on the forum.. if you don't like this one go to another... don't be taking away our right to debate... this is the thread for political discussion.. read the title

Virgil, I'm not going to argue w/you anymore.  If you don't see the abuse of the American people and the constitution in the healthcare bill then I sure can't convince you. 

The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child is a serious enough threat to our sovereignty and individual rights to warrant a major push for a constitutional amendment, the Parental Rights Amendment.  Sad we have to amend our constitution to block liberal/UN attempts to take our freedom.

you're right you aren't going to convince him.. and that isn't what I have been trying to do.. I am just trying to make him show proof for the crap he is trying to feed... his opinion is fine with me... its the backing of his opinion that I have a hard time with

Everyone has access currently.

I don't want to be forced to pay for someone elses.