LOOKING FOR LAND/CABIN IN BIRDSALL/ NAPLES OR CANANDAIGUA AREA

I am looking to purchase a property within an hour or so of Rochester, preferably the area of Birdsall or Naples area, but am open to other areas for the right property.

I am looking for 20 plus acres

QDM area- Pond- Sheds/Barn - Apple trees - last house on dirt road- bordering state land ( All extra bonuses )

No busy or seasonal roads please, I would like to be able to access property easily all year round.

Please feel free to email me info at [email protected] or post your property info on here.  Thanks

Thank you Nick- just  a little out of my desired area, sure sounds like you have a wonderful property. Thanks for the response ! 

Hunter- I looked up the 13 acres,  not where I am looking either, thanks for the heads up.

Any other leads I would appreciate, I really would like to have a place secured before summer 2017.  Thanks !

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great size property Steve D , I am looking for a good portion of flat terrain. Both my kids are under 2 with a couple more planned, so I would really like a safe area for us to ride trails on 4 wheelers and snow mobiles safely. 

That task is appearing harder then I would have though, seems like most there are a lot of hill sides for sale out there like the one you sent me.  Thanks for keeping an eye out though ! 

18 minutes ago, 607 HUNTER said:

Great size property Steve D , I am looking for a good portion of flat terrain. Both my kids are under 2 with a couple more planned, so I would really like a safe area for us to ride trails on 4 wheelers and snow mobiles safely. 

The hill sides build character.......

• Like 2

No kidding! BTW steep is relative to the beholders eye... my road is so steep that I have come out and ask people if they needed a fire extinguisher for their smoking engine..true. Even our engines smell hot when we get out of the vehicles. Yet look at all the "flat" planted areas I show in my plot pictures. Great hunting out that way..Never hurts to look.

Edited by growalot

5 hours ago, 607 HUNTER said:

Good luck finding "flat" ground in these areas. If you do you will be paying thru the nose. There are places out there if you do the research. Found this one without to much trouble: Good Luck

http://nylandquest.com/property/lq27501/

16 hours ago, Steve D said:

Good luck finding "flat" ground in these areas. If you do you will be paying thru the nose. There are places out there if you do the research. Found this one without to much trouble: Good Luck

Ain't that the truth, anything in the wayne, monroe, ontario county areas is being sold at top dollar for tract housing. Farmington used to have cheap land now you are a looking at $2k+ an acre. 

On 3/12/2017 at 4:51 PM, Steve D said:

Hey Chas0218- that property in honestly a dream property of mine. Checks off every box I have, great size, great terrain, small pond, land cleared for food plots already, and some real good friends own the property behind this one. 

ONE PROBLEM- Its on a seasonal road off of a seasonal road, which are never plowed. I would really like to spend the holidays at our future cabin and periodic weekends. So unfortunately this property would not work, I walked this property last summer. Could have had it at a much less price also, it is really to bad its on the road its on ! 

On 3/13/2017 at 8:45 AM, chas0218 said:

Ain't that the truth, anything in the wayne, monroe, ontario county areas is being sold at top dollar for tract housing. Farmington used to have cheap land now you are a looking at $2k+ an acre. 

I will find is Chas0218, I promise you ! It is everywhere- just need the right property to come up for sale.

You're right there, land prices sure have skyrocketed. If we don't buy it now, our selves or our kids may never have a chance to own there own property. I sure wish someone in my family would have purchased a piece in the 80's or 90's when it was much more affordable and available.  O well ! 

2k in Farmington seems cheap to,me. We own land in Canandaigua and the wifes cousins have a few thousand in Cand. , Farmington , Bloomfield .

Farmland never even gets listed , a few large farm families buy it all up for much much more .

Ours is all farmland,when we sell it most likely would be to the farmers who have been renting  the farming rights , for decades, AKA her cousins , if I want to keep hunting their land anyways !! . . I'll keep an ear open though .

My buddy picked up 60 acres on West Gullick rd Naples a few years back, flat, atv trails, ponds and so on . I'll have him look around his area too .

I also work with a guy who also farms that area, I'll ask him too.

Gotchya, hope that works out for ya. From your previous photos, looks like you and your family have a nice set up there. 

I appreciate that Larry302, it sure would be a nice set up to be able to head to the cabin for the weekend and have Canandaigua Lake close to bring the family to. 

The wifes really pushing for the Naples/Canadaigua area, for things to do in the area.

Not much to do in my current area of Birdsall, just 1 local bar. Been hunting there for almost 20 years, so much history and knowledge of the area. It will be tough to part with that area, but well see what pops up for sale.

• 2 months later...

Bump

I am  still looking for raw land or land with a cabin. Naples or Birdsall are my ideal locations, if you are thinking about selling or have a lead I would appreciate it. 
I am up to date what is listed on craigslist and the mis system. 

Thanks