Hunters ed card

fadetoblack188

What's up guys I am freaking out a bit.  I just moved and I can't find my bow safety course and hunters ed safety course cards.  

"There is no way to get a replacement correct?  I would need to retake both classes?

i hope I find them

i know my info is in the computer at the store to just buy my tags.  Will I need those cards for anything? I will be up all night looking 

If you know where and when you did your courses you can call dec and they can replace them. I tried but they could not find me  so I ended up retaking my gun course over again with my youngest. on the plus side I got a 100 on my test . But as others have said if you only hunt ny it's no big deal .

34 minutes ago, rob-c said:

If you know where and when you did your courses you can call dec and they can replace them. I tried but they could not find me  so I ended up retaking my gun course over again with my youngest. on the plus side I got a 100 on my test . But as others have said if you only hunt ny it's no big deal .

I took my son to a hunter ed course a while back, and they told us there is a point in time where they can retrieve the info and issue a new card, before that, no.  So I think there is some date/year as of which, if you lost your card, they can give you a new one.  I can't remember what year that was, I would call DEC.  

Of if you have to take the course, do the online one from PA. They will give you a laminated card and all states have reciprocity. I had to do that when I started last year because all the NY classes were full. I literally was forced to go that route. Managed to get an in-person for bow, though.