After Christmas sales..

growalot

I went to tractor supply...picked up 3 tripod swivel stools for 9.99 a piece...None of the stands at camp ,besides the ones I built...have seats! so one will go as a "camp stool" and one for a Christmas present and I am taking one for my blinds...got some face paint,and a couple of bottles of scents,buck bomb 4.95 and 1.99

PS ...on the stools. These got bad reviews...mainly because...there is no instruction on how to fold the seat back up....so many brilliant people tried forcing them together breaking the seat poles. When all you have to do is pull up and swing in...really not difficult at all...the other thing is comfort Mr B said to me "Ya sure your comfortable but your not having your junk crushed"...lol So on that note good for the gals and kids...and guys with.....never mind:wink::D. Ours do not make noise while swiveling...I think with adjustable legs it would be a good low turkey seat, I do wish legs were longer...but already figured some conduit the same diameter cut longer with same sized holes drilled, your in business for a taller stool.

AM-829-500.png

What a pleasant surprise...the insulated TechH2O pants I ordered showed up today. They are very well made..heavier insulation extra warm thinsulate. Great  zippers to the knees with snaps, with roomy knees for sitting and squaring. All pockets have zippers....adjustable snap bottom opening,with a heavier material where snaps are. Heavy rubberized waist band with buttons for suspenders,for better stabalization...going out to give them a cold weather try right now....Even if I had paid the sale price of $55+ and not $8.21, they would have been a great deal. Next test rain or sitting on the wet ground.

Dang comfy and hot to work in. 24 degrees here and I was sweating as I worked the wood lot...in fact it was easier for me to just take off my coat and work in just my fleece shirt to avoid over heating...very easy to move in and with a light breeze wearing just workout tights underneath, I was toasty...love all the zippered pockets, 6 of them.

42 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

Went to Gander Mtn last night and picked up a pair of 600 gr thinsulate camo boots for next spring's turkey season for $41. My old one's are torn and leak so I hope these will be a good replacement. Guaranteed 100% waterproof for 1 year. We'll see....

Them puppies are going to be a bit warm don't you think ? My feet are a tiny bit chilly with only Smartwool socks and uninsulated camo rubber boots and by noon my feet are sweating in the 70 degrees or so it may hit by then.

16 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Them puppies are going to be a bit warm don't you think ? My feet are a tiny bit chilly with only Smartwool socks and uninsulated camo rubber boots and by noon my feet are sweating in the 70 degrees or so it may hit by then.

Not for me, my feet freeze sitting in those cold damp mornings.  I got them extra large so I can wear 2 pr of socks.  My old boots were 600 gr thinsulate so I don't think these will be much different. The rubber boots make my feet sweat and once they are wet it doesn't matter how warm it is I get cold feet. I believe there is a direct connection between how comfortable I am and how long I can wait out a stubborn gobbler!

• Like 1

I picked up a Marlin XT .22 bolt action at Field & Stream in Melville this past weekend on sale for $150 with a coupon. My wife expressed an interest in going to the range with me so I surprised her with it.... and .... her reaction was "Did you buy it for me or for yourself?"  I told her "this would be easy for you to shoot since you never shot a firearm before and would probably get knocked on your butt or get scope-eye if you shot any of my other firearms. So yes, I bought it for you and I saved your butt and face!" 

I'm going to throw on a scope I have sitting around and .... voila!  

;)

MFCXT-22-70759-lg.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:12 AM, turkeyfeathers said:

You would sweat less by removing the pink bunny suit!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped at Tractor Supply in Macedon yesterday . Bought an Ameristep Rifleman pop up blind for $25 That normally sells for $60 . Also bought a couple cans of Buck and doe pee for $3.47 a can . My youngest son bought a double chair blind for $70 that normally sells for $130+ . The store has a lot of hunting gear marked down ............

• Like 1

On 1/12/2017 at 3:47 PM, growalot said:

PS ...on the stools. These got bad reviews...mainly because...there is no instruction on how to fold the seat back up....so many brilliant people tried forcing them together breaking the seat poles. When all you have to do is pull up and swing in...really not difficult at all...the other thing is comfort Mr B said to me "Ya sure your comfortable but your not having your junk crushed"...lol So on that note good for the gals and kids...and guys with.....never mind:wink::D. Ours do not make noise while swiveling...I think with adjustable legs it would be a good low turkey seat, I do wish legs were longer...but already figured some conduit the same diameter cut longer with same sized holes drilled, your in business for a taller stool.

AM-829-500.png

On 1/12/2017 at 3:47 PM, growalot said:

AM-829-500.png

This chair is just plain junk. I'm looking at the folding mini folding chairs at Tractor Supply for $12. They get to $10, I will buy them all.  I picked up some cargo pants at Walmart yesterday  for $10 a pair. I watched them since October. They reduced them twice down to the current price.

As I said above, again; these seats are junk. Legs broke off of it first use. Walmart refunded my money. I think their was a little to much of me to support. No weight limit on the tag, but won't support #220. The end of the legs stick in you butt cheeks also. Zero stars.

I picked up some 14 ounce camo cargo pants at Walmart yesterday for $10. Tractor supply have the good folding seats for $12. If they go to $10, I will buy what they have left. I bought some used  black Pepsi  chairs on the flea market last year like these for $2.50 a piece. No bargin on camo cloths however.

I'm looking to add my part in reducing the inflation fate, this year.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

• 4 weeks later...

Stopped at the Webster Wal_mart for some cat food and found myself in the Sports Dept . 

* picked up a 2 pack of Realtree Wool Blend thermal socks for $5

* 10 pack of Hothands body warmers for $2.50 . I need to find a kidney belt that would hold one of these to use during gun season . 

*Mossy Oak mesh facemask for $2.50

*Bought the last "Pocket Juice" portable charger for $5 

They had some camo thermal mittens that has a pocker for a hand warmer . The lower part of the mitten folds back to expose glove fingers . Nice concept . They were only $9 but I have several pair of hunting gloves and don't wear them . 

• Like 1