1969 kids bike ,need advice.

Jeremy K

My brother in law gave me this bike that I've wanted for a while . I believe it's a 1969 Murray built ,rebadged sears and roebuck Screamer . The shifters and brakes are gone . Did anyone have one of these? My plan was to blow it apart ,refinish the the shiny stuff and repaint the frame and keep riding wheelies on it til I run out of room (it rides really easy wheelies) . I could also see going back to original if it's a bike that needs to be kept alive. 

20170114_234249.jpg

20170115_073727.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

My brother in law gave me this bike that I've wanted for a while . I believe it's a 1969 Murray built ,rebadged sears and roebuck Screamer . The shifters and brakes are gone . Did anyone have one of these? My plan was to blow it apart ,refinish the the shiny stuff and repaint the frame and keep riding wheelies on it til I run out of room (it rides really easy wheelies) . I could also see going back to original if it's a bike that needs to be kept alive. 

20170114_234249.jpg

20170115_073727.png

Brings back memories!  There was one kid down the road who had a bike like this. He was the envy of us all! Got to ride it a few times. It was hands down, the best wheelie bike I ever rode. 

After doing some research today , the bike is rare but not collectible , which is good ,it will allow me to do what ever i please and not wake up to a mob of bicycle purist with torches outside my house for what i dun. I'll just end up taking it to the frame and repainting everything and replace the bearings and call it done.

• Like 3