Teachers' Favorite Words...

crappyice

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:16 AM, fasteddie said:

Many , many years ago , the Meteorologists had predicted a sever snow storm in the Rochester area that would cripple traffic in the area . Xerox chose to be safe and called for a snow day . Storm never happened and the snow day was a beautiful day . The company never did it again . 

There was a day like that that I remember, and as I recall, the sun came out and the temperature shot up into the 60's flash-melting the snow and causing floods down my way. Meteorology doesn't seem to really have improved all that much, so maybe this storm will fizzle out like that one did.

AND a two hour delay for tomorrow already called!

Damn I got a lot done today. All my summer camp registrations mailings are done, paleo and fish(subbed out the chicken and sausage for Lent) jambalaya made for the week, laundry caught up, graded a few sections of essays, cars and driveway dig out...I could get used to this "retirement" life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

School closed again today. I'm in though, as I'm in the middle of an admin. project. The main roads are passable. but due to drifting, the secondary roads are still very bad. We have a lot of those secondary roads in the district. So good call to close again today. Safety of the students is, and should be the top priority, when deciding to close school. I don't believe the media had anything to do with the decision. As we used the last "snow day" yesterday. "Now when I was a boy, we would walk to school, uphill both ways, through the snow, barefoot, wearing only a flannel shirt.".............lol

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, grampy said:

School closed again today. I'm in though, as I'm in the middle of an admin. project. The main roads are passable. but due to drifting, the secondary roads are still very bad. We have a lot of those secondary roads in the district. So good call to close again today. Safety of the students is, and should be the top priority, when deciding to close school. I don't believe the media had anything to do with the decision. As we used the last "snow day" yesterday. "Now when I was a boy, we would walk to school, uphill both ways, through the snow, barefoot, wearing only a flannel shirt.".............lol

Miss Beetle was NOT HAPPY if we were late either! One time Willie Olsen stole my sisters lunch bucket and threw it in the creek so we were late but she didnt want to hear it. His sister Nellie lied and said he didnt do it, but everyone knew he did