SB 4739 - Establishes the yearling buck protection program

Rebel Darling

No swap needed, I told you before that youd be more than welcome to head up here for a hunt.

But I got 3 lesbians for you in a beautiful 1/1,000th of an acres food plot lol

df2e8523200d78a116cd7060ad2b0124.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Gotta say, in the dozens and dozens of doe, I've shot over the years. Not once, did I ever contemplate what she may or may not be carrying, before letting the air out of her. I was only thinking BACKSTRAPS! I am the hunter, deer are the hunted! I shoot what I like, and like what I shoot ! Pretty simple really.

• Like 6

we get a very limited number of deer tags here, surrounding properties are doe factories, and there exists somewhat of a lingering reluctance to shoot doe.  they seem to be plentiful in numbers.  for us to maintain a balance through deer season we have to shoot adult doe only to fill antlerless tags.  we try to take them early to prevent shed bucks being shot and not promote wasted buck effort.  i'll even shoot a doe toting a button buck.  more or less an adult doe is an adult doe and i'll shoot it as long a property needs some taken.

Lets see If they manage each area per size of doe herd now ...giving out different amounts of permits...I'm thinking...hang in there now...I'm thinking they'd do the same with those areas as well with an earn a buck...:rolleyes: see...... guys.... in..... those..... areas....are allowed.... to..... put.... in.... for..... doe..... tags .... in...other ....areas...so bucks could  be hunted else where as well....

I hope that slowing down the sentenced helped you understand...

Edited by growalot

Lets see If they manage each area per size of doe herd now ...giving out different amounts of permits...I'm thinking...hang in there now...I'm thinking they'd do the same with those areas as well with an earn a buck...default_rolleyes.gif see...... guys.... in..... those..... areas....are allowed.... to..... put.... in.... for..... doe..... tags .... in...other ....areas...so bucks could  be hunted else where as well....
I hope that slowed slowing down the sentenced helped you

WOW, menopause got you a little testy? The average hunter that hunts 5 or 6 times a year won't travel hours to shoot a doe just to be able to kill a buck. Hell I hunt 50X a year and I wouldn't drive an hr to shoot a doe just to be able to hunt a buck. I would either hunt more in other states or break the law.

• Like 1

WOW, menopause got you a little testy? The average hunter that hunts 5 or 6 times a year won't travel hours to shoot a doe just to be able to kill a buck.

Hahahaha......WOW that ship sailed and docked on another hemisphere years ago......Hey but thanks for asking:wink::rolleyes:

Now I apparently didn't slow it down enough:

35 minutes ago, growalot said:
Lets see If they manage each area per size of doe herd now ...giving out different amounts of permits...I'm thinking...hang in there now...I'm thinking they'd do the same with those areas as well

So think about that statement...if they don't give out doe permits in certain areas then they would more then likely not require one for a buck in those areas...So you can say then how could you prove where it was taken? I suppose check stations for those areas could happen or requiring the buck be checked in like doe would need to be...harder to lie in person...Deer hunting in general is on the honor system ...big eye roll for that I've learned from sites, but it is what it is.

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

Oh boy advertisement for the need to implement an earn a buck and low doe permits.......want a buck shoot a doe, one doe to each buck tag

Wouldn't hurt me much. I'd just shoot a doe at first light and tag it and leave for coyotes/fox. Not wasting my time dragging one of them out.

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Wouldn't hurt me much. I'd just shoot a doe at first light and tag it and leave for coyotes/fox. Not wasting my time dragging one of them out.

Belo...belo...doewacker...doewacker....Where are you now???? hhhmmmm cat must have their tongues:rolleyes:

WOW, menopause got you a little testy? The average hunter that hunts 5 or 6 times a year won't travel hours to shoot a doe just to be able to kill a buck.
Hahahaha......WOW that ship sailed and docked on another hemisphere years ago......Hey but thanks for askingkolobok_wink.gifdefault_rolleyes.gif
Now I apparently didn't slow it down enough:
Lets see If they manage each area per size of doe herd now ...giving out different amounts of permits...I'm thinking...hang in there now...I'm thinking they'd do the same with those areas as well
So think about that statement...if they don't give out doe permits in certain areas then they would more then likely not require one for a buck in those areas...So you can say then how could you prove where it was taken? I suppose check stations for those areas could happen or requiring the buck be checked in like doe would need to be...harder to lie in person...Deer hunting in general is on the honor system ...big eye roll for that I've learned from sites, but it is what it is.

Than how is me saying I won't shoot a doe an advertisement for earn a buck when 3 of the 4 wmu's that I have a lease or own land in don't give out DMP's.

6 hours ago, grampy said:

Gotta say, in the dozens and dozens of doe, I've shot over the years. Not once, did I ever contemplate what she may or may not be carrying, before letting the air out of her. I was only thinking BACKSTRAPS! I am the hunter, deer are the hunted! I shoot what I like, and like what I shoot ! Pretty simple really.

I could not have said it any better. It sounds like a philosophy that all hunters ought to believe in, at least in areas where the deer populations warrant it. Actually, as far as deer management principles are concerned, the attitude of only shooting bucks by choice is a bit out of date. That's kind of what antlerless permits are all about.

Edited by Doc

What is with all this belittling of doe harvests? Some of the sharpest deer that I have run into are does. Excellent tasting meat, and a challenge to boot. The only thing that makes taking a buck a challenge is simply the fact that there are a whole lot fewer of them around.  It really has nothing to do with the challenge of intelligence or wariness. So I don't really understand why anyone would be into this buck-only mentality. I guess we are all hunting for different reasons. And I guess I really don't understand all those different reasons.....lol. 

What is with all this belittling of doe harvests? Some of the sharpest deer that I have run into are does. Excellent tasting meat, and a challenge to boot. The only thing that makes taking a buck a challenge is simply the fact that there are a whole lot fewer of them around.  It really has nothing to do with the challenge of intelligence or wariness. So I don't really understand why anyone would be into this buck-only mentality. I guess we are all hunting for different reasons. And I guess I really don't understand all those different reasons.....lol. 

I have never belittled someone for harvesting a doe. I grew up in an area where we have never had dmp's. I have shot a few doe in my hunting career and I get zero enjoyment out of it. Maybe if where I hunted where was a need to kill does I would feel different. I hunt for the enjoyment of spending time in the woods and killing big bucks. I don't need the meat although I eat or give away every deer I kill. If I needed meat I could butcher another one of our angus beef we raise.

6 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I have never belittled someone for harvesting a doe. I grew up in an area where we have never had dmp's. I have shot a few doe in my hunting career and I get zero enjoyment out of it. Maybe if where I hunted where was a need to kill does I would feel different. I hunt for the enjoyment of spending time in the woods and killing big bucks. I don't need the meat although I eat or give away every deer I kill. If I needed meat I could butcher another one of our angus beef we raise.

Obviously you will not shoot does if you have no DMPs. But that wouldn't be by choice, but simply because of the law. What I am referring to are those who flat out say that they think there is something wrong with shooting does. To me that is simply a resource that is being under-utilized and potential habitat and herd damage occurring because of it.

Obviously you will not shoot does if you have no DMPs. But that wouldn't be by choice, but simply because of the law. What I am referring to are those who flat out say that they think there is something wrong with shooting does. To me that is simply a resource that is being under-utilized and potential habitat and herd damage occurring because of it.

Well I get an antlerless and an either sex tag so I could shoot a doe or two if I wanted to.

Than how is me saying I won't shoot a doe an advertisement for earn a buck when 3 of the 4 wmu's that I have a lease or own land in don't give out DMP's.

Believe it or not...I actually read most  the post above mine...Your a bit too concerned with THINKING all I respond to is your posts alone....might want to rethink that:rolleyes: