Getting the itch

doebuck1234

Have one of the boats ready to go for small water (usually Chautauqua) can't wait to get out. Might hit creeks for steel this Friday. 

Anything you'd be willing to share about finding crappie on that lake I'd love to hear! All I ever find are tiny perch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Have one of the boats ready to go for small water (usually Chautauqua) can't wait to get out. Might hit creeks for steel this Friday. 

I can't wait to get my boat out there this year to fish. In process of getting it all rigged now. Hope for some eyes outta there

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stoneam2006 said:

I can't wait to get my boat out there this year to fish. In process of getting it all rigged now. Hope for some eyes outta there

I hear ya stone I guess it got hot last fall for eyes. Last spring I fished it for eyes twice when I was camping there and found some toward long point. Normally the bite early in the year for Chautauqua eyes is hotter at night. Trolling sticks is pretty productive.

12 minutes ago, BigVal said:

I hear ya stone I guess it got hot last fall for eyes. Last spring I fished it for eyes twice when I was camping there and found some toward long point. Normally the bite early in the year for Chautauqua eyes is hotter at night. Trolling sticks is pretty productive.

Never caught an eye before but hear alot about them.last year while trout fishing i believe i hooked into one.In village of scottsville im close to the mouth/genessee river and have seen them in there standing up on george bridge looking down.have seen pike pulled out aswell.caught a few smallies too!Someday would like to get into a spot thats teaming with eyes.would be a hoot by the sounds of it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Never caught an eye before but hear alot about them.last year while trout fishing i believe i hooked into one.In village of scottsville im close to the mouth/genessee river and have seen them in there standing up on george bridge looking down.have seen pike pulled out aswell.caught a few smallies too!Someday would like to get into a spot thats teaming with eyes.would be a hoot by the sounds of it

Yea buddy I got more into it last season. Always fished.for them but made my big water outfit more friendly for trolling and it's awesome! Good days on Lake Erie are lots of fun and gives you a few nice meals if you'd like as well.

Yea buddy if mine just bought a cottage on the Lakeview end in Sept so we didn't fish much just took kids tubing and jet skied I work in olean with alot of guys who fish it successfully so hopefully one of them can help me get dialed in for that lake. Hopefully we all here can help each other out as the season rolls in and get us all in on the bite

• Like 4