Bank Fishing....

Lawdwaz

It's a long story but I intended to fish Honeoye with my boat today but when I got down, I didn't feel so hot and the wind was picking up so I bagged it....the boat has been down in that area since last fall so its not like I dragged it down today. 

I decided instead to go drown so night crawlers in Canadice from shore.  As most know I have a long history in that area and I just find it so relaxing. 

A few panfish and one dandy smallmouth were my total catch.  Sorry pic is sidesaddle..... :)

IMG_2298.JPG

IMG_2296.JPG

• Like 16

TF...I think I still have my "worm blower" in one of my old retired tackle boxes...Probably the needle is rusty by now....I haven't used it in close to 40 years...back in the day I used it a lot drifting crawlers for walleyes and smallies " Lindy Rig"  style...

• Like 2

On 6/10/2017 at 7:36 PM, Pygmy said:

TF...I think I still have my "worm blower" in one of my old retired tackle boxes...Probably the needle is rusty by now....I haven't used it in close to 40 years...back in the day I used it a lot drifting crawlers for walleyes and smallies " Lindy Rig"  style...

Are you serious about this?  Never heard of pumping air into a night crawler.  Explain please. 

My daughter and I crushed the pan fish at the local pond.  About 25 fish in an hour.  My wife and son both caught a couple of nice largemouth but Natalie and I battled for most fish.  Quantity over quality.  Lol

• Like 2

How'd I miss this!  Nice going Larry!  I still enjoy the laid back fishing from a bank too!

Moog, I've never blown a worm!  That's one thing that I've never done!

But the family outing at the pond sounds awesome! And everyone catching fish is really special.  Good times that you will all remember.

3 minutes ago, grampy said:

How'd I miss this!  Nice going Larry!  I still enjoy the laid back fishing from a bank too!

Moog, I've never blown a worm!  That's one thing that I've never done!

But the family outing at the pond sounds awesome! And everyone catching fish is really special.  Good times that you will all remember.

It was fun Grampy.  We didn't even have to cast.  Just drop the hook/worm 4 feet from the bank and watch them swarm.  Hardest part was hooking them as they had very small mouths. Lol.  Ana wasn't casting much further but did hook 2 large mouth. Joel caught one bigger one in the whopper plopper. 

Boat still not in.  I hope the water drops soon but everyone is complaining about the June lull out of Rochester anyways. 

• Like 1

So last night I did some bank fishing at my buddies big pond in Arcade.  It was a last minute decision to go down....I tossed my .223AI in along with my fishing gear as I was planning on checking out a couple 'chuck spots I've hunted. 

The fishing was fast and fun although the pond is heavily weed choked. I managed to land 7-8 largemouth and one bluegill.  The woodchuck spots didn't pan out, maybe in a couple weeks I'll hit it again. 

IMG_2326.JPG

IMG_2311.JPG

• Like 4