New bow

erussell

My wife just walked through the door with a surprise. a new bow. She went to pick up her new pistol and talked the guy down to a price we could afored. After I went around and around with him on the price the other day and walked out of the store. I love my wife. Its a PSE bow madness MC.

post-358-13145543424_thumb.jpg

yeah she could talk a Leprechan out of it's gold. ;)  She said she didn't like the color of the case her S+W 9mil came in and he threw in a double handgun case in the color of her choice also. Iv'e been hemen and hawen the last few yrs about getting a new bow since the last one I had I bought back in 1997. Everyone say's i'll be suprised by the difference 14 yrs of tech advances have made on bows. And I beat the crap out of the last one so it was about time.

nice erussell did you get it set up yet.. im going to setup the a range soon 10 to 80 yards you got to bring it over one of these days i never shot a pse let me know how you like it.. im looking for a bow to not sure on what yet ..

I bet the guy was persuaded to come down on the price cause she was waving the pistol around.. :P

I wouldn't put it past her  :D  I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of a shot from her pistol. She had never shot it and took it out of the box and at 20 yrds put them in a fist size group at 20 yrds :O  Guess I better not piss her off :P

nice erussell did you get it set up yet.. im going to setup the a range soon 10 to 80 yards you got to bring it over one of these days i never shot a pse let me know how you like it.. im looking for a bow to not sure on what yet ..

Will have to get it set up soon. Im going to need arrows to so it might take a while. ;D

• 2 months later...

Finally got her all set up today and shot a few arrows out of her when I got home. Need to make a few adjustments sometime this week but man is she nice to shoot. One thing I am a little leary about is I got aluminum arrows xx75 super light's and he put blazer fletchings on them. I asked if they were ok to put on aluminum arrows and if they were ok to stear my broadheads and he swore by them. Anyone else have  blazers on your aluminum arrows? They look funny having such a tiny fletching on a 2315 telephone pole but they seem to group nicely so we will see what happens when I put broadheads on. Worst comes to worst I can just have them stripped off and refletched.

• 3 weeks later...

I shoot the 2" blazers but never shot aluminum arrows so I have no idea lol. but i did a quick google search and all the forums i looked at had quite a few guys on there that shoot that set up and have no problems so there ya go. just like anything else bows, arrows, nock, stabilzers and so on.... if it works for you then its good.

I shoot the 2" blazers but never shot aluminum arrows so I have no idea lol. but i did a quick google search and all the forums i looked at had quite a few guys on there that shoot that set up and have no problems so there ya go. just like anything else bows, arrows, nock, stabilzers and so on.... if it works for you then its good.

seems to work so far though I havent tuned and put broadheads on yet. So we will see.

Nice Bow - just thinking with the ibo that has a dozen carbons in the right weight would do it justice.

I know, kind of kicking myself. But my whisker bisquit had the large hole and I would have had to order and  replace it and funds are a little tight. And I was kind of anxious to get shooting since its already July and I havent pulled the bow back once. :)  But It's still a heck of a lot better than what I had, watch out deer.

Well im not to happy, tried to tune the bow today. Had a slight right hand tear and tried to un lossen the horizontal adjustment and move the rest but couldn't lossen the screw, it was stuck solid. In the process of trying to get it unstuck I stripped the head. Threw the hole thing out. There gos 70 bucks. Now I have to go get another Whisker Biscuit and start all over again. Looking at the Kill Shot anyone use this?

Just for discussion the large hole WB is the best setup I have ever used. I got a new bow and just had one WB in stock at that time that had the big hole for ALum arrows. SO I put it on and found no change in how the rest performed except I got a little faster  speed 3 to 5 FPS and no ( zero) ware when I shot 4 inch feathers for indoors and or no ware on my 2 inch BH vanes...I still find the WB for me to be the kiss rest for archery ( keep it simple stupid ) I have a buddy who got another brand and it seems during the summer he has to get new brushes at least 2 to 3 times a season, and another who had to have a drop a way rest, till on opening day of archers on the way in to his stand the string on the drop a way hit a branch and rip off. He never seen it till he picked the bow up to shoot a 8 point buck. Well he was over my house that night to ask me to reset up his old WB rest and told me to scrap out that ( xxxxx) drop a way piece of ( xxxx )

I do find that I like to take the time  to makes sure the rest is center shot to the center of the limbs and riser.I have a tool that I purchased years ago that has like two allen keys that go into the limbs with rubber lines that goes from one end to the other so when you put a arrow on the rest you can see that you are center shot. But you can do the same with just two allen keys and a piece of string, then put a arrow in the rest and see if the side of the arrow is against the string, if not move it over...

Love the WB!! I had that one one for 3 yrs and never changed the bisquit and it never even looked worn and I shoot alot. One thing I can never understand is the complaint that the WB will ruin your fletchings. I kept an eye on my fletchings to see if it would ruin them but after a few hundred shots I stopped watching them because I never saw any kind of ware. Just have to remember to take the screws out and oil them up so you can make some adjustment later if you change your set up.

When I bought my bow two years ago more then one person told me to get rid of the WB.But I love it,never caused any problems and I have broken a few knocks on arrows in the target it shoots so tight.If I ever buy another bow I would put the WB on first.......

When I bought my bow two years ago more then one person told me to get rid of the WB.But I love it,never caused any problems and I have broken a few knocks on arrows in the target it shoots so tight.If I ever buy another bow I would put the WB on first.......

My setements exactly. Seems like every time I turn around I hear "you gotta get a drop away rest" from someone that just spent big bucks buying and tuning one. I get the "youll gain 2 to 4 fps with a drop away" from some as well. So what? Do you really think that makes a difference at 40 yards or less? I end up with nice groups with arrows touching with my WB. I never recommend anything else, and I will probably never shoot any other rest. Simple, full containment and accurate. What else could you ask for?  ;)