Venison Snack Sticks

chrisw

I use 4lbs ground venison, 1 lb pork (any kind of pork will work, even fatty beef will work), 3 jalapenos diced (remove most seeds unless you want real hot). A bag of shredded or small cubed cheese (any flavor you want). Then I buy a package of LEM snack stick seasoning (which does 5lbs). Just grind everything and mix it well, following the package instructions. I use 19mm collagen casings and fill them with a jerky shooter, then just put them on a baking sheet in the oven at 200° and let them cook until the internal temp hits 165°, you just want to slowly bring the temp to 165° so don't try to cook them too fast. It's even better if you have a smoker to cook them in. That's it! Pretty easy, you can tweak the recipe any way you like. Good luckd9e0e210c971f9a7192a2ab3a17781da.jpgd122d9959cdf9231b7fc00713c182a39.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 11/22/2017 at 7:44 AM, chrisw said:

I use 4lbs ground venison, 1 lb pork (any kind of pork will work, even fatty beef will work), 3 jalapenos diced (remove most seeds unless you want real hot). A bag of shredded or small cubed cheese (any flavor you want). Then I buy a package of LEM snack stick seasoning (which does 5lbs). Just grind everything and mix it well, following the package instructions. I use 19mm collagen casings and fill them with a jerky shooter, then just put them on a baking sheet in the oven at 200° and let them cook until the internal temp hits 165°, you just want to slowly bring the temp to 165° so don't try to cook them too fast. It's even better if you have a smoker to cook them in. That's it! Pretty easy, you can tweak the recipe any way you like. Good luckd9e0e210c971f9a7192a2ab3a17781da.jpgd122d9959cdf9231b7fc00713c182a39.jpg

Chris, Try extra sharp cheddar cheese int eh recipes. We found that the regular cheddar tends to melt up and kind of disappear into the meat. The extra sharp cheddar has a higher melting point and stays intact through the cooking. And it is much much cheaper than buying the high temp cheese. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/22/2017 at 7:44 AM, chrisw said:

i am making these tonite!  well at least plan on getting the mix done, might have to pack and cook the next day though. Using up some '16 leftover crockpot roasts to make these.  Thanks again for recipe, will let you know how I do. 

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 8:40 AM, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Chris, Try extra sharp cheddar cheese int eh recipes. We found that the regular cheddar tends to melt up and kind of disappear into the meat. The extra sharp cheddar has a higher melting point and stays intact through the cooking. And it is much much cheaper than buying the high temp cheese. 

I have had the privelege of sampling Culver's snack stix....So good you wanna SLAP yo MOMMA  !!.....

• Like 1

Finished them up tonite. Cooked them in oven and they came out awesome.  This is def high on the list for the next deer to butcher.  I used the extra sharp cheese and that worked good as well. Thanks for the recipe .   It's a keeper! 

Gonna seal and freeze in bunches and share with landowners and hunt buddies too.  Hoping I get one more cause another batch of these would def be made.  

• Like 1

Seems pretty straight forward.  Never thought of using the jerky shooter to stuff casings.  Was it tricky fitting the casing on the shooter nozzle?
Depending on what size casings you buy and what diameter nozzle you use it can be, with my setup currently I can only stuff about 10" of casing at a time but it's fine with me.

Finished them up tonite. Cooked them in oven and they came out awesome.  This is def high on the list for the next deer to butcher.  I used the extra sharp cheese and that worked good as well. Thanks for the recipe .   It's a keeper! 
Gonna seal and freeze in bunches and share with landowners and hunt buddies too.  Hoping I get one more cause another batch of these would def be made.  
Good I'm glad you liked it!

Looks great,

Thanks for the recipe and easy directions.

Is your jerky shooter manually operated or electric like a sausage maker

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Mine is a manual shooter, I do have the adapters for the grinder but if I'm doing them by myself it's easier to manage the shooter for me personally

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...