Neighbor Advice Needed

Five Seasons

52 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

Yes if i had strict mgt. Guidelines on MY property and fawns were off limits then yes that would piss me off. If its not your property or you dont have a lease with sole hunting rights then im afraid you have no justification to tell this family member of the owner what he can or can not kill. Based upon his killing of a fawn, doesnt look like hes into letting a legal deer walk. Either deal with it or move on. Maybe have a talk with him, at this point you everything to lose.

i'm not saying i'm justified. I'm not saying it was illegal. 

Just venting man. that's it. 

8 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

Oh sorry , thought you were looking for advice. 

Come on. don't be that guy. Your advice was for me to deal with it. 

It's a story that by writing down helped me feel better. Some good advice given. Some bitching and moaning was had. It doesn't need to go this route. 

6 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

those are the ones you put the entire hind quarter on the spit over the fire when a few friends come over 

With the friends I have, you better shoot a bunch of them.  They would be eating them like chicken wings.  I know it's peoples choice to shoot what makes them happy, but realistically you couldn't get more than a grocery bag full of meat of the entire deer by time you trim it.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Belo said:

Come on. don't be that guy. Your advice was for me to deal with it. 

It's a story that by writing down helped me feel better. Some good advice given. Some bitching and moaning was had. It doesn't need to go this route. 

Yes i was being sarcastic. But really you have alot to lose, just talk to this guy to get a sense of how hes going to hunt. Then in reality you and your dad need to sit and make decisions. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rack Attack said:

With the friends I have, you better shoot a bunch of them.  They would be eating them like chicken wings.  I know it's peoples choice to shoot what makes them happy, but realistically you couldn't get more than a grocery bag full of meat of the entire deer by time you trim it.

I'm with you 100%.

My point was when I was just starting out 35 years ago, a "small doe" made me happy as hell. Especially back when you didn't see a deer for days and you needed a few people on a doe permit. If this guy is a newbie, it'll be his meat factory until he becomes interested in something bigger and more challenging. That small doe (or two) kept me coming back for years. I live here now.

Bottom line: Small doe, I liked it when I was starting out. Never went anywhere else.

• Like 1

i'm not saying i'm justified. I'm not saying it was illegal. 
Just venting man. that's it. 
Belo, this is a stinger for you. I can definitely tell. I know how I'd feel in this situation. I feel for ya and hope it works out for the best.... But you know it's late season and there's the threat of tag soup.... We have some cranky folks here and we are at the point where we will take little things and blow em out of control. Hopefully nobody keeps twisting the knife on this. But either way, vent my man, vent.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Belo, this is a stinger for you. I can definitely tell. I know how I'd feel in this situation. I feel for ya and hope it works out for the best.... But you know it's late season and there's the threat of tag soup.... We have some cranky folks here and we are at the point where we will take little things and blow em out of control. Hopefully nobody keeps twisting the knife on this. But either way, vent my man, vent.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

That’s really it in a nut shell. I’m glad I filled a tag during bow and of course in hindsight I’d have used a dmp too had I been able to forecast this situation.

Is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1