Cuomo's State of the State

https://www.governor.ny.gov/keywords/state-state

AGAIN Governor Cuomo has failed to present a real plan to combat gun violence.  Cuomo and his gun control followers are unwilling or unable to accept the truth that the major root cause of gun violence is related to the distribution, sale and use of illegal drugs. 

Cuomo’s SAFE Act has been ineffective in reducing or eliminating gun violence.  The SAFE Act, like many gun control laws are useless.  Gun control only pacifies gun haters, but fails to make us safer.

Since illegal drugs are the greatest threat to public safety, why not a real war on illegal drugs?  Sentence those who distribute and sell illegal drugs to life imprisonment.  These criminals prey on the mentally ill drug addicts that cause death and destruction.  Send drug addicts to rehabilitation camps that are more like military basic combat training as opposed to sitting in a circle talking about why their addicts.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Wilderness said:

Send drug addicts to rehabilitation camps that are more like military basic combat training as opposed to sitting in a circle talking about why their addicts.  

While I somewhat agree with you I don't think teaching a drug addict how to kill would be a real good idea.

And besides..Cumo  could care less about the drug situation or violence. All he is trying to do is say the right things so he will have a way to boost his campaign on the way to the White House.

The only thing you can count on from him is higher taxes. He claims taxes are down but I and many others are paying more and more each year.

Cumo is a moron but a politically smart moron.

Edited by Steve D
  • Like 2

While I somewhat agree with you I don't think teaching a drug addict how to kill would be a real good idea.

Sorry Steve, my error.  I should have been clear that the marksmanship training, grenade training, hand to hand combat, making booby traps and all that other fun stuff would be left out.  

Get them up at 0400 or 0500 hours and run them in circles screaming at them. Lots of physical fitness training to clean their bodies and to get a real adrenalin natural high.  Give them classes to help them make better choices than jail, disability and death.  Oh less I forget the 2200 hour running in circles in the dark with a foot locker on their shoulders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wilderness said:

Get them up at 0400 or 0500 hours and run them in circles screaming at them. Lots of physical fitness training to clean their bodies and to get a real adrenalin natural high.  Give them classes to help them make better choices than jail, disability and death.  Oh less I forget the 2200 hour running in circles in the dark with a foot locker on their shoulders.

this won't do a damn thing if they don't want help and if they want help there's a lot places that offer it for free and not on the tax payers dime.Like steve d said andy could give a rats crack about any of this other then getting votes.

If this dumbass runs for POTUS, the only thing it will prove is the Democrat's agenda of high taxes, big government, gun control and collectivist progressive BS, is a huge loser in the eyes of most Americans.  He'd go down against Trump's re-election like an anchor thrown overboard.

That won't stop him from allowing NY state to prove what a stupid ideology it is.

• Like 2

On 1/3/2018 at 7:38 PM, Wilderness said:

https://www.governor.ny.gov/keywords/state-state

AGAIN Governor Cuomo has failed to present a real plan to combat gun violence.  Cuomo and his gun control followers are unwilling or unable to accept the truth that the major root cause of gun violence is related to the distribution, sale and use of illegal drugs. 

Cuomo’s SAFE Act has been ineffective in reducing or eliminating gun violence.  The SAFE Act, like many gun control laws are useless.  Gun control only pacifies gun haters, but fails to make us safer.

Since illegal drugs are the greatest threat to public safety, why not a real war on illegal drugs?  Sentence those who distribute and sell illegal drugs to life imprisonment.  These criminals prey on the mentally ill drug addicts that cause death and destruction.  Send drug addicts to rehabilitation camps that are more like military basic combat training as opposed to sitting in a circle talking about why their addicts.  

I agree somewhat. I am not going into my thoughts on the Cuomo Act, been there done that.

I do have a problem with this statement though:

You might want to look up some stats before making such a bold assumption. Gang bangers kill for territory, and some kill just to kill ( Like MS13 ). It's not always about drugs.

Is is mostly always about drugs.  Gang bangers get the majority of their money from drugs.  Some from selling guns and some from hookers.  They want more territory to sell more drugs.  The point is, attack them and the so called "gun violence" will drop to near nothing.

I would also like to point out Leftists are always concerned with "gun violence", but couldn't care less about any other type of violence, much of which they support when it's aimed at conservatives or destroying the country.