Ammo. deliveries in NY.

hunter49

So I went to Cabela's to buy some 22 cal. shorts & they lol & said they haven't had or made them in yrs. I came home & googled them & Cabela's shows that they carry them.  So I ordered online get ready to check out & their alert pops up saying they cannot send them to the NY. store for me to pickup!  I call customer service & say if they were stocked in the store & on the shelf I could walk in & buy them!  I said if you restock the store shelf isn't the ammo shipped from somewhere & anyone can go in & buy it?!  Does this make any sense or is it just me?   WTH.  Stupid "safe act" & King Andy!

• Sad 1

When I first ordered from them, they wouldn’t ship it to me. Only to a FFL. When I placed my order in October, they told me that they can now ship it directly to me. I believe they said that the law was changed back. Not 100% sure on the reason, but regardless they will ship directly to you. 

I have tried to buy COMPONENTS online...Just plain bullets..And been turned down....

Cheers to the companies that WILL ship to NY, rather than cowering under  Andy's  safe law....

Prince Andy has done all in his power to make gun owners second class citizens....

• Like 4

I have tried to buy COMPONENTS online...Just plain bullets..And been turned down....
Cheers to the companies that WILL ship to NY, rather than cowering under  Andy's  safe law....
Prince Andy has done all in his power to make gun owners second class citizens....
For brass try starline and for slugs go with zero bullets. Great for plinking and awesome fmj prices

You Can't Beat My Meat!!!

Just found this online:

Just mere days after celebrating our great nation’s independence, Republicans have taken a huge step forward for Second Amendment supports and making substantial changes to New York’s SAFE Act by fortifying an obligatory “memorandum of understanding”(M.O.U). State Senator James L. Seward has pushed for change since the 2013 when the SAFE act was originally sanctioned. 

Gov. Andrew Cuomo has agreed to suspend plans for background checks for ammunition sales in New York and allow internet sales of ammunition, changing part of the NY Safe Act, according to state Sen. James Seward. 

“While I will continue to work for full repeal of the poorly crafted, over-reaching NY-SAFE Act, this is a significant accomplishment—and constitutes the only modifications that have been made to this law since it was enacted two years ago over my objection”. Seward has continually stated that the database for ammunition was faulty and "fraught with problems since it was first conceived," and be removing this aspect, it will prevent any future money from being squandered. With the backing and support of Senate Majority Leader John Flanagan and Jim Malatras, director of state operations, this can only be considered a big win for both the State of New York and for its private citizens. The focus of these changed laid in two parts “The two provisions that will be changed are both related to ammunition. The MOU, which was signed by New York State Director of Operations James Malatras and Senate Majority Leader John Flanagan, puts an end to the portion of the act that would establish a database and require those who purchase ammunition to undergo a background check. It also ends the moratorium on on-line purchases of ammunition”. 

Below is the link for the full memo http://www.scribd.com/doc/271175351/Mou-Ny-Safe-Act-07-10-15

• Like 4

So these silly restrictions of the Safe Act have done what was intended by the pinko authors. They have confused and frightened the ammunition suppliers to the point where they are afraid to do business in NYS. The intent had nothing to do with gun safety or crime reduction. It was simply legislated harassment and frustration aimed squarely at law abiding gun owners.

• Like 7