Why isn't the Superbowl on sat night?

Robhuntandfish

19 minutes ago, Dom said:

I think the game is on Sundays cause they expect more to watch.Kind like when they changed the opening day of Deer season to a Saturday so more would go be able to go hunting.I sure wish they would go back to a Monday opener for Deer season was always a better reason to call out of work or be home sick for that day

I am very thankful that they changed opening day of deer season to Saturday.  I never liked having to skip school or work on that Monday.   I would probably like the Superbowl a little better on a Saturday night, but it is no big deal if they leave it like it is.      It was a heck of a game.  Offensive performance is a lot more fun to watch than defensive.   There was never a game with more offense than we saw last night.   

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

I think the game is on Sundays cause they expect more to watch.Kind like when they changed the opening day of Deer season to a Saturday so more would go be able to go hunting.I sure wish they would go back to a Monday opener for Deer season was always a better reason to call out of work or be home sick for that day

I wish I could like this twice. I hate the Saturday opener

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Well you see I used to be a very big fan of the Pittsburgh steelers and have since become a casual watcher at best.  And either way I can still question why the Superbowl isnt on sat even if I never watched it.  Cause watching football believe it or not does not make you a marketing expert either.  And if you read my other posts I also said how they pay a lot of people with a lot of info to come to these conclusions that know a lot more about it than I..  And since I am middle aged white guy I am pretty much their #1 market.  You see only ignorance makes you think you know anything more about it that the next barstool. But I do have the intelligence to ask about what I don't know about.  Some of us don't have all the answers like you.....

And at the time I got out of watching the Steelers there were several issues on the team and just got sick of cheering for people that dont deserve it for a minute.  And hearing about it at every one of their games. Also I am pretty sure I didn't say anything about drugs in any of my posts that you apparently didn't read or of course need to since you already know the answers.   

As far as then not speaking to people on this forum that might have arrest records etc...there is NO correlation as I am not cheering for them or buying their jerseys.  And I dont want yours even if you sign it.  Lol.  

You see the most educated of people are the ones that ask questions and listen, not the ones that think they have all the answers.  You must be a happy man since ignorance is bliss.... 

My post was a question to debate that many people including non football fans could appreciate. And if you have even been to an NFL game ...tell me that's the peak of intelligence in the stadium.  I wouldn't take a child to a single one of those games these days.  

And the next time I see you on the political thread I will ask you why you posted that on a hunting forum. ...out

So you gave up on the best or second best franchise of alltime and one of best teams in NFL for what? I did not know there were any felons on the steelers.  Not for nothing there is felons in every sport even hockey.  But I thought the steelers were pretty clean.  Just trying to clarify why you would give up on nfl.  Is it the kneeling?  Is it cause there black? The nfl has have always been black.   Alot of these so called felons did there time like anybody else or were suspended and lost millions of dollars.  I know a guy that was a pipe fitter.  Had a drinking problem got 3 dwis went to jail, lost job, lost license and after years of rehab he is a pipefitter again.  Regular workers get second chances also.....

1 hour ago, cbyzerman said:

So you gave up on the best or second best franchise of alltime and one of best teams in NFL for what? I did not know there were any felons on the steelers.  Not for nothing there is felons in every sport even hockey.  But I thought the steelers were pretty clean.  Just trying to clarify why you would give up on nfl.  Is it the kneeling?  Is it cause there black? The nfl has have always been black.   Alot of these so called felons did there time like anybody else or were suspended and lost millions of dollars.  I know a guy that was a pipe fitter.  Had a drinking problem got 3 dwis went to jail, lost job, lost license and after years of rehab he is a pipefitter again.  Regular workers get second chances also.....

At the time, Big Ben, Santonio Holmes and Harrison ..... basically the three biggest names on the team.  And don't play the race card......has zero to do with it.  

And as I posted before.....I don't root for pipe fitters either or buy their jerseys or spend my Sunday watching them on tv.  And your right everyone deserves a second chance but that doesn't mean it has to come from me.  They can def have a second chance and make a living but that doesn't mean I have to idolize them anymore.  

The league just turned me off to a more casual fan.. not everyone has to be a die-hard football fan. 

I just asked myself why I was cheering and saying how awesome this player was because he had a Steeler Jersey and because they could cross a white line.   

Could've been for any team or sport, not rooting for Vick, or Ray Rice etc....if they wore a Steeler Jersey either.   It all just turned me off.  

My favorite all time Steeler is Hines Ward.  The ravens would knock the snot out of him and he would get up and smile.  

Had the same hard time rooting for A-Rod with the Yankees.  Guess after a while my thoughts about sports changed and blind passion for a team didn't sit well with me anymore.  

Edited by Robhuntandfish

55 minutes ago, cbyzerman said:

Yea but there is crossing the line.  What ray rice rice did is inexcusable and give credit for nfl owners for not giving him a job when he still had alot left in tank........  I think all the owners got together and made a pact on that one......

He had nothing left in the tank or hed have gotten a job