Another Hunter Mistaken for Game

Sad and senseless murder of a family member and friend because of a stupid and irresponsible idiot with a gun.

"The man, whose identity was not released because he was not immediately charged, said he then fired two shots at the brown and gray movement in the trees. The shooter later called police after he realized he had shot the hunter and not a wild animal."

Anyone who shoots at "brown and gray movement in the trees" should not be allowed to have a gun.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I go down there for work, just a couple of towns over. You should see some of the people down there. Its like Deliverance.

Really?  I spent plenty of time in the south, to include rural areas.  Generally I found that people were friendly and civilized to you as long you were friendly and civilized in return.

As for a dips$%t shooting at unconfirmed targets in the woods, NY has had its fair share of that as well.  I don't think this is a North vs South thing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Padre86 said:

Really?  I spent plenty of time in the south, to include rural areas.  Generally I found that people were friendly and civilized to you as long you were friendly and civilized in return.

As for a dips$%t shooting at unconfirmed targets in the woods, NY has had its fair share of that as well.  I don't think this is a North vs South thing.

Im not saying most people down there arent friendly, theres just some seriously backwards hillbillies down that way. Ive spent a ton of time in different areas of Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia, and Florida, and there just seem to be certain areas where its very stereotypical, and that area is one of them. Lots of sister-cousins, etc.

On 2/22/2018 at 7:53 AM, WNYBuckHunter said:

Im not saying most people down there arent friendly, theres just some seriously backwards hillbillies down that way. Ive spent a ton of time in different areas of Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia, and Florida, and there just seem to be certain areas where its very stereotypical, and that area is one of them. Lots of sister-cousins, etc.

Okay, but there are 'backwards' people everywhere.  

Just recently we had some idiot hunting after sunset who killed that female hiker near the PA border: Hunting Accident.

Pretty much every time I've gone hunting in the Finger Lakes area, I've heard gunshots well before sunrise and well after sunset.  I'm not excusing the negligence of this guy down in NC, but I think we have the same type of problems up here as they do down there.

Edited by Padre86

Two to the chest... Says he shot at movement... No way at that distance can you fire 2 shots that quick and get the chest on a moving target. If those are the legit details I have to agree with biz. Ill pass judgement for now, but it sure sounds fishy.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Murder  ?.... Stranger things have happened...I remember a few years back  near Albany a fellow shot and killed his significant other's son with a bow and claimed he mistook him for a deer...An investigation indicated that there was bad blood between the shooter ( a police officer)  and the victim, and he was subsequently charged with murder...I don't recall hearing the results of the trial.... Maybe one of our members who lives out that way remembers it..