For Or Against Full Inclusion

DirtTime

For Or Against Full Inclusion  

105 members have voted

1. 1. For Or Against Full Inclusion

• For
    • Against

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I agree that a poll on here, while interesting to talk about holds little meaning. Let's face it, we are on here because the majority of us have an interest level that is higher than the average hunter in NY. The cross section that exists in NY I don't believe even closely resembles that on  this forum. I wish the poll had an "indifferent" choice, because I would bet that is where most of the NY hunting public would be. Just watch the hunters' and firearms owners' indifference  come November

I agree. There just happens to be one member here who keeps waiving a victory flag for some reason. Too many factors in polls to consider. Technology minded individuals might be more inclined to favor a crossbow, age demographics of an internet forum user, being a hunter who is so into hunting that he/she joins a forum, might mean he/she is more willing to spend $1k on another weapon etc. 

Statistics can be boring to some, i tend to find them fascinating. I think they're important for all of us understand though, as the media uses them a lot to explain how wrong, or in the minority some of us are... especially when it comes to gun control. 

On 4/17/2018 at 7:13 PM, wolc123 said:
8 hours ago, Belo said:

i don't think you quite understand statistics. You have a poll on a site with pretty low membership relative to number of hunters in NY (nearly 1 million btw). 

These 72 represent 0.0098% of all resident license holders. 

https://www.dec.ny.gov/permits/26368.html

At least now the math is easy and shows that 72 % of the members of this site who have voted support full-inclusion right now.     

Are you saying I made a math error ?   Did you miss the part "of the members who have voted" ?

Either way, thanks for bringing the poll back up to the top.  Maybe we will break over 100 votes now and in so doing, improve the poll's accuracy a little bit.  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Hey Wolc -- Crossbow opens up around Nov 4 this year . Keep it up . 

I am planning for my 3 vacation days in mid-October in the NZ as I type  (did you forget about that fine part of NY where the scenery is a lot better ? )

2 hours ago, wolc123 said:

I am planning for my 3 vacation days in mid-October in the NZ as I type  (did you forget about that fine part of NY where the scenery is a lot better ? )

I would say about 65% of the members on here forget we have separate seasons for the NZ. Yet, I bet some of those members could tell you sunrise/set times in PA for the area they hunt months in advance.

Either way, this poll makes no impact on the DEC and their decisions.

I thought this would go a few pages and then enter the void of redundant threads.

:protest:

20 hours ago, Rob... said:

I would say about 65% of the members on here forget we have separate seasons for the NZ. Yet, I bet some of those members could tell you sunrise/set times in PA for the area they hunt months in advance.

Either way, this poll makes no impact on the DEC and their decisions.

I thought this would go a few pages and then enter the void of redundant threads.

:protest:

This thread is not "officially" redundant, because all traces of the only other poll that I can recall on this subject have conveniently disappeared.  I can only assume that 2/3 of the moderators now support full inclusion, so this one might not go away so easily.   Thanks for the poll "how to advice".    

What mod besides wnybuckhunter supports full inclusion and what difference does it make ? I know there are different dates for the NZ and SZ but it still won't start until around Nov 4 here in the Sz no matter what the poll results are ..........

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Whether you're pro or con Xbows, think everyone can admit it's truly become a political issue and far removed from any hunting or conservation proposed legislation.

To anyone that doesn't know this, here's a great example of what's important to our politicians! Read in local Rochester newspaper a NYS bill was passed recently to require sanitary hygiene products for female correction facility inmates. Does this really take a legislative vote &/or how is it such a high priority? This just blew me away..!!! AND... Xbow legislation has been stuck in a "black hole" sub-committee 3 of the past 4yrs...!?!