Belated ground hog day

She was not as alert as they usually are when it is warmer out, and barely even looked up when I cracked the frost opening the window about 40 yards away.  She probably would have been a good one to try in the crockpot, because the frost would keep the bugs off of it at least.  It was 30 degrees out there today and I don't ever recall killing another when it was below freezing

26 minutes ago, Rob... said:

You shoot that from a window in your house? You gonna eat it or just use the fur?

7 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

We use to see a lot of woodchucks at Frenchies , years ago. 

I think that is what they used for the Frenchyburgers.   

I had seen a couple about a month earlier, on other side of the barn, when we had some warmer weather.  They were quick and I was unarmed.  This was the only one that I have ever seen out when the temperature was below freezing.   I would have liked to have used my crossbow, but that was not handy, and I had removed the battery from the red/green dot sight for storage.  I traded away my old woodchuck gun last summer (22/250).  With that, I always aimed for center of mass and it rarely left even a mark on the outside of the chucks at short range.  I suppose that it turned their insides to jello because they never even  twitched after taking the hits.   This one did not twitch either, with the .22 LR Remington Yellow Jacket HP centered on the side of the head.