Woodchuck Head Shot In NJ Over The Weekend!

TheFieldArcher

hunting,  the issue shooting chucks and leaving them to rot in the woods, you think that's an ethical way to practice for deer hunting. You have to present a better case than that, not the image we want the public to have about hunting.

Dave

I was shooting woodchucks for farmers with a 22 and a 223 . I would put the dead ones in the holes they made . They would usually be gone the next day , taken by fox or yotes . It sure made the farmers happy as when their farm equipment hit those holes , it usually caused damage .

I also had a non-hunting friend ask me to shoot some barn pigeons and also a chuck that was eating up his wife's vegetable garden .

What's the big deal ??? ???

Shooting them for a specific reason is one thing but shooting them for no reason is another. The video never mentioned there were a problem created by the chucks or he was asked by a farmer to get rid of them because they caused damage .

Dave

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shooting them for a specific reason is one thing but shooting them for no reason is another. The video never mentioned there were a problem created by the chucks or he was asked by a farmer to get rid of them because they caused damage .

Dave

Sorry Dave, I did mention in this thread about the horse breeder that gave me permission because he was worried about his horses in the high grass breaking a leg in a woodchuck hole. I will make sure I give reasons why I am hunting a specific game in my videos in the future... just for you, buddy! :)

Also, for you, I am going to write the Outdoor Channel and Sportsmans Channel and tell them "Dave wants to know what you eactly did with the yote, hog, squirrel, prarie dogs... etc., etc,....." and if you cooked them, Dave wants the recipe too! Just because, it's you, Dave! ;D

Dave

Sorry Dave, I did mention in this thread about the horse breeder that gave me permission because he was worried about his horses in the high grass breaking a leg in a woodchuck hole. I will make sure I give reasons why I am hunting a specific game in my videos in the future... just for you, buddy! :)

Also, for you, I am going to write the Outdoor Channel and Sportsmans Channel and tell them "Dave wants to know what you eactly did with the yote, hog, squirrel, prarie dogs... etc., etc,....." and if you cooked them, Dave wants the recipe too! Just because, it's you, Dave! ;D

Thanks Pal, your breaking me up ;)

Dave

Dave

Dave

:)

Dave

Dave

Just for the record you posted the video on May 15th and you mentioned the horse breeder where you hunted the chucks on May 23. If you had mentioned it up front there would have been no questions asked, as to why you were killing the chucks. End of my input on this subject. Good hunting

Dave :)

So I am sitting back, pretty dang pleased at what I did to this thread.

Recap:

I made a fool out of two people (one moderator).

Proved these two wrong multiple times.

Got to show off a few of my bucks.

Got a bunch of positive PM messages about what I was saying

Its been fun but, onto the next fool's post!

I don't think people should be able to kill mulie deer it just doesn't seem right to me.

So I am sitting back, pretty dang pleased at what I did to this thread.

Recap:

I made a fool out of two people (one moderator).

Proved these two wrong multiple times.

Got to show off a few of my bucks.

Got a bunch of positive PM messages about what I was saying

Its been fun but, onto the next fool's post!

Hey Mr Ethics, arent you the guy making statements alluding to how you were going to bring your pistol into NY illegally a few weeks ago? Sounds real ethical to me.  ::)

Like I said before, you are the only one that looks like a fool.  ;D

Dave

Dave

Just for the record you posted the video on May 15th and you mentioned the horse breeder where you hunted the chucks on May 23. If you had mentioned it up front there would have been no questions asked, as to why you were killing the chucks. End of my input on this subject. Good hunting

Dave :)

Dave, I think you learned a lesson here, don't jump to conclusions! Ask before you assume... but really, even if it wasn't a breeder/trotter trainer where I hunt them... there is no problem with fellow hunters going out and shooting them for the fun of it, it is legal! There is a crow season, who the heck is going to eat that... if it is within the law, support your fellow hunter... and even trappers! lol

I just hope you don't vote. Because you have a hard time with the issues. I guess anyone can be a moderator, if they don't have a handle on the topic.

Dave

Dave

Every moderator here is beyond excellent. Their views have no impact on why these moderators were chosen, however I don't expect everyone to understand that.

Everyone stop the insults already, I'm sure I speak for most in saying we are tired of it.

It's pretty simple right here, if it goes against your grain-you deal with it. No laws were broken.

Hunting is the practice of pursuing any living thing, but usually wildlife for food, recreation, or trade. In present-day use, the term refers to lawful hunting, as distinguished from poaching, which is the killing, trapping or capture of the hunted species contrary to applicable law. The species which are hunted are referred to as game, and are usually mammals and migratory or non-migratory gamebirds.

Hunting can also involve the elimination of vermin, as a means of pest control to prevent diseases caused by overpopulation. Hunting advocates state that hunting can be a necessary component[1] of modern wildlife management, for example to help maintain a population of healthy animals within an environment's ecological carrying capacity when natural checks such as predators are absent.[2] In the United States, wildlife managers are frequently part of hunting regulatory and licensing bodies, where they help to set rules on the number, manner and conditions in which game may be hunted.

Hey Mr Ethics, arent you the guy making statements alluding to how you were going to bring your pistol into NY illegally a few weeks ago? Sounds real ethical to me.  :;)

When did I claim to be Mr. Ethics?  When did I say anything was not ethical?  Now you have me confused with the other guy you lost your little tiff with.  Not making any sense makes you look like a fool!  hahahahaha

I in no way ever claimed anything about ethics!  I just claimed that the video was a lame 4th grade production.  That is all.

Hey Mr Ethics, arent you the guy making statements alluding to how you were going to bring your pistol into NY illegally a few weeks ago? Sounds real ethical to me.  :;)

When did I claim to be Mr. Ethics?  When did I say anything was not ethical?  Now you have me confused with the other guy you lost your little tiff with.  Not making any sense makes you look like a fool!  hahahahaha

I in no way ever claimed anything about ethics!  I just claimed that the video was a lame 4th grade production.  That is all.

I got that from your baiting comment. Maybe it was a little bit of a stretch and I got it wrong. Maybe not.

Regardless of such, your inability to have a discussion without throwing out insults speaks volumes about you.

BTW, Dave and I had no "tiff", we discussed things without throwing insults at each other and ended up understanding each other's point of view. Not every disagreement is a win or lose thing. I wouldnt expect you to understand that though.  ;)