Finger Lakes area get-together

philoshop

3 hours ago, Pygmy said:

I've been there a number of times..My nephew is a sales rep for Fox Run...The German White garlic I have been planting for several years now comes from seed bulbs that I bought at the Fox Run festival...

I forgot to mention that their wine is also very good. World renowned actually. I'm not much of wine enthusiast, but when I get the urge they're closer than the liquor store. And the Garlic Festival is heaven for an old Italian guy like me. Maybe I'll see you there.

1 hour ago, philoshop said:

I forgot to mention that their wine is also very good. World renowned actually. I'm not much of wine enthusiast, but when I get the urge they're closer than the liquor store. And the Garlic Festival is heaven for an old Italian guy like me. Maybe I'll see you there.

Can't make it this weekend...The Mermaid has a family thing....

Sorry I didn't make. I had every intention of going up  the lake at 6 but my sisters boat (you may recall the thread where I was fixing her boat 2 years ago) broke down in the lake. The water pump went and it overheated. I think it got dangerously close to ruing the motor! We got towed in by a 2 person jet ski! I should have taken a picture, the view from behind was great! Although a very slow tow. We got back to the marina at 6:30 and took the boat back the cottage where I started fixing it. Got the part Monday morning and fixed it only to find that the hydraulic line that lifts the outdrive melted a hole in it and now we can't operate the trim. Searched for the parts but nothing available locally so were done til we get home and I can order it. I don't think there is any way to temporary fix on a hydraulic line cause of the pressure?

Anyway Sorry I missed it:(

HOT DOG WARS.....The Sahlens were very good...ALMOSTas good to my taste as the Hoffmans, which are IMHO the best I have tried....The Zweigles were good,  but I did not like the taste and/or texture as much as  the Hoffman's or Sahlens….

Just another opinion from another old short fat guy.....Hehehe...

• Like 3