Unbelievable

Deerguy

I had an offer to see a piece of property that was for lease. He contacted me through a Craigslist ad that I placed. The owner of the property had just purchased the property several months ago. I saw the property on Saturday and loved it. Approx 150acres in Putnam/Dutchess County. I sent up another meeting for the other members of the group to see it. This afternoon he text me saying that he contacted DEP and they said there is no hunting because of a DEP easement put in place from the previous owner. Can you believe such a thing can happen. I’ve been looking for 5 years for a decent place to hunt and then this s—t. Like I have a black cloud over me when it comes to hunting. 

19 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

DEP is Department of Environmental Protection ??

Run by NY City....

They own tens and tens of thousands of acres in watershed areas that make up water supply for NYC.

Some you can hunt and fish, some you can't, by free permit.

They also buy up rights to watershed lands.

Edited by Dinsdale

1 hour ago, Deerguy said:

I had an offer to see a piece of property that was for lease. He contacted me through a Craigslist ad that I placed. The owner of the property had just purchased the property several months ago. I saw the property on Saturday and loved it. Approx 150acres in Putnam/Dutchess County. I sent up another meeting for the other members of the group to see it. This afternoon he text me saying that he contacted DEP and they said there is no hunting because of a DEP easement put in place from the previous owner. Can you believe such a thing can happen. I’ve been looking for 5 years for a decent place to hunt and then this s—t. Like I have a black cloud over me when it comes to hunting. 

Its not just you....it can be tough to find places to hunt around these parts.^_^

8 hours ago, Deerguy said:

What about armed hiking?

20 minutes ago, Caveman said:

Mind if I ask what county?  The cheapest I see it go for south of Buffalo is around $1k an acre.  

Cattaraugus.  Tax auction. Most sold for Penny's on the accessment

Cheapest piece went for 5 dollars.

Piece I got was most expensive but I had lot of people bidding against me. But still few thousand below accessment.  ( I already owned 3 side of property and had many " road hunters" trying to get it 

On 6/25/2018 at 9:16 PM, Deerguy said:

I feel for you man, I really do. But don't give up! Keep at it! If you are persistent enough, something will come up for you. Wishing you good luck.