What movie is this quote from ?

Water Rat

9 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

This one goes WAAAAY back....You would have to be a fan of classic westerns to know this one one...It is from back before even  Smoken TN and I were born..

" Have you ever been in love, Mac ?.."

Mac replies.." Nope...Been a bartender all my life.."....

Ya stumped me on this one. Can only give it a guess. John Wayne back in the 30's

10 minutes ago, SmokeinTN said:

Ya stumped me on this one. Can only give it a guess. John Wayne back in the 30's

You have the time frame right, Jeff.. Also the same director that directed many of The duke's films...

But he did not star in that movie, although several of his frequent co-stars did....

By the way,,, that was Mac Vierra's favortie  line from the film...Hehehe...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

You have the time frame right, Jeff.. Also the same director that directed many of The duke's films...

But he did not star in that movie, although several of his frequent co-stars did....

By the way,,, that was Mac Vierra's favortie  line from the film...Hehehe...

just saw this movie a couple weeks ago about 2am. My Darling Clementine. Henry Fonda as Wyatt Earp. I think the Duke was in it I could be wrong.

Good job, Jeff....The Duke was not in it, although  Ward Bond,  Walter Brennan  and several other John Ford regulars were...

Without googling it, I think MDC was made before Stagecoach, which was released in 1939 and was John Wayne's breakthrough film as a big time star...  Henry Fonda, however was already a big star, as was Tim Holt, who played another of the Earp brothers..

OOOOPS  !!  Just googled it and MDC was released in 1946.. My bad.....<<blush>>...

Edited by Pygmy

23 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

" I ain't never busted a cap on a woman nor much of anybody under the age of 16...But be aware that I will do what I have to do.."

another late night show. I think it was from Hondo the 60"s series.

3 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Good job, Jeff....The Duke was not in it, although  Ward Bond,  Walter Brennan  and several other John Ford regulars were...

Without googling it, I think MDC was made before Stagecoach, which was released in 1939 and was John Wayne's breakthrough film as a big time star...  Henry Fonda, however was already a big star, as was Tim Holt, who played another of the Earp brothers..

Thanks Dan. don,t sleep much until the wee hrs and watch these old western movies. 

Here's one more fairly easy one from a fairly recent movie ( within 20-30 years) Hehehe..

" Yes, I've killed women and children...I've killed most everything at one time or another.. Now I'm gonna kill YOU , Little Bill, for what you did to Ned....<<to bystanders>>  " You better stand back"....

6 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Here's one more fairly easy one from a fairly recent movie ( within 20-30 years) Hehehe..

" Yes, I've killed women and children...I've killed most everything at one time or another.. Now I'm gonna kill YOU , Little Bill, for what you did to Ned....<<to bystanders>>  " You better stand back"....

Unforgiven

• Like 1