landtracdeerhunter

Hunting Chairs

The only bucket seat that I liked was the one WNY. mentioned with a swivel. I won several at a firearms show, years ago.  Be careful with the white lawn chairs out of the garbage. UV. with make the plastic brittle. Ass over tea kettle in a hurry.

• Like 2

Like everyone else I have tried a variety of hunting seats over the years. Some are better than others. My climber has the most comfortable seat I've ever hunted out off. Can sit for hours. I bring a foam pad for my ladder stands, and my hang on all have padded seats. But, I have been setting up a couple of pop up blinds lately and I haven't found the right seat yet. Folding bag chairs are not really comfy and they make a lot of noise. The bucket seats have no back rest and my back can not handle that. The 3 legged seats just plain suck. I suppose they are much better seats available bur I'm not spending $$$ for a chair. JMO 

Hunt when I can.. ;)

I hid a folding chair years ago under a tree blowdown. I have not been back to that area in many years. I think, I could still find it.                                                        When, I was in a Gun Club, I left a black Walmart folding chair in a secluded spot below a ridge.  These are the folding chairs with the black cusion.     I thought the area was very secluded,but one Fall day, I walked back there and my chair was gone... 

For a long time I would just find a nice tree along a ridge put my back up against it and sit on the ground on a foam pad. I did the milk crate thing for a while - not very comfortable for a long sit. I now hunt from homemade ground blind and use a folding camp chair like this one. Comfortable for an all day sit but not so comfortable I'd want to fall asleep in it. 

Screenshot-2018-7-12 Amazon com KingCamp Folding Camp Quad Chair Steel Frame Padded Oversized Light Weight Heavy Duty Porta[...].png

• Like 2

Gobbler lounge if I plan to sit awhile turkey hunting. $10 camp chair for deer hunting or sitting in a tent blind. I can handle a pretty long sit in either one of these.

• Like 1

My dad carries a backpack that folds into a comfy chair , I'm positive he has caught some serious sleep in that thing over the last few years.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2018 at 12:21 PM, landtracdeerhunter said:

I just couldn't take hours of sitting on a milk crate. A little tough on the tush. 

I also like my Rivers Edge tree mounting seats in my no theft zone area. They were like $25 when I bought the first. 

My son has the black one in the picture. He likes it quite well.

s-l500.jpg

rotating seat.jpg

I have that rivers edge strap seat. it is awesome. I have to have back support no matter where im sitting. after a half hour or so my back hurts so bad without using back support. 

I try using folding bag camp chairs in the ground blind but they are just so loud it seems 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

I have that rivers edge strap seat. it is awesome. I have to have back support no matter where im sitting. after a half hour or so my back hurts so bad without using back support. 

I try using folding bag camp chairs in the ground blind but they are just so loud it seems 

Yes they are. I have two permanent stands their used in. Placed at just the right height,  very comfortable. 

• Like 1

I bought this chair from Amazon for $90.  Kinda spendy, but it is really comfortable and the legs are adjustable.  Should last for many years. 

41lH68oVYML._SY90_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M9GBAEK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just looked and price went up to $103 - glad I bought it when I did - must be the result of the Trump Trade War......

Edited by Otto
  • Like 1

I really can;'t believe the price of some of these items, nowadays. I'm sure glad I bought much of my hunting gear years ago. I always look at garage sales and flea markets for hunting gear today. Then, sometimes it way over priced.

• Like 1