landtracdeerhunter

Hunting Chairs

What kind of hunting chairs  do you like? I have four of these for portable use. Two say Pepsi on them that I picked up at flea market for ten bucks.  Lightweight and easy to carry.  I do like to take a cushion for some extra support.

chair.jpg

they're all too loud. or uncomfortable. i use a regular or tall milk crates left there with a foam pad i bring in to sit on.

• Like 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://arforny.com

Every ground blind I have, 20 or so, has two milk crates. And just like dbHunterNY, they stay out all year, and I bring in a thick foam pad to hunt.  They are not as comfy as some of the "lounge chairs" I see. But they are quiet, and just the right height for me.  

I really prefer the Milk Crates with a thick foam cusion. I have 2 to get out around early September in good spots if , I don't bust up a flock earlier.  Good sit for mid to late Afternoon  after Oct 20th.

20180711_094427.jpg

• Like 1

My legs go numb on the milk crates - just ask Pygmy.  lol

For my blinds, I like the redneck seat but its heavy to carry around so not very portable.  I also have the huntmore chair which is comfy. 

• Like 4

I mostly use regular folding bag chairs. I also have a bucket with a lid that has a rotating cushioned top that I will use from time to time for short sits. I cant do milk crates, just too uncomfortable to sit on for any length of time for me, so I end up moving and repositioning too much. I prefer to be more comfortable, which means I dont move very much.

My favorite is the padded, fully adjustable office chair that I have in my tower blind, but it's not very portable either...it's also somewhat difficult to stay AWAKE in....Hehehe..

for deer i have a strap on adjustable tree seat. quiet comfortable and quick to set up.  turkey is a thick pad or a small slanted alunimum turkey stool

I've hunted almost everyday of my life.. the rest have been wasted!

My Cusion Pad is a good 4" thick. The one in the pic. I made a carry strap for it. Very comfortable with that extra thick Pad. Don't think , I would use a milk crate without one. My knees are in the perfect height as well  with the Milk Crate.

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

My legs go numb on the milk crates - just ask Pygmy.  lol

For my blinds, I like the redneck seat but its heavy to carry around so not very portable.  I also have the huntmore chair which is comfy. 

U got a tingle in your leg with Pygmy? OMG!

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, bugsNbows said:

U got a tingle in your leg with Pygmy? OMG!

Hey now, if you met Dan you couldn’t resist either.   Lol

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I’d have zero chance of making it dark to dark sitting on a milk crate without having any back support. 

I am with you.   Now that I think about it, even with back support that’s unlikely.  

I just couldn't take hours of sitting on a milk crate. A little tough on the tush. 

I also like my Rivers Edge tree mounting seats in my no theft zone area. They were like $25 when I bought the first. 

My son has the black one in the picture. He likes it quite well.

s-l500.jpg

rotating seat.jpg

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Hey now, if you met Dan you couldn’t resist either.   Lol

Actually, Bugsy and I HAVE met face to face...He's not my type, but his WIFE is a cutie  !!…..

• Haha 1

A Milk Crate with a tree for a backrest is mandatory. I am not a Sitter really. 2 hours is my Max and that is for the Fall Turkey Season. Much less in Spring.             As, I wrote in a long ago post about Milk Crates--- some of my very best public spots were discovered when I found a Milk Crate in front of a tree.  There is a history to each one found.

^^^ or the tell-tale pile of flat rocks stacked against the base of a big tree that could recount some hunting tales.

Oh yeah, gotta have a comfy seat with good back support or my hunts are limited to a couple hours max, after fidgeting the 2nd hour! Worst are those 2-man ladder stands. Most uncomfortable seats of ALL stands!!

Ground or blind hunting - Check along the curb-sides as you drive around, esp in "ritzy" neighborhoods. People throw away those plastic deck chairs all the time after they begin to fade. Most are beat-up, but occasionally you can find good ones. Hardware stores sell spray cans of paint for specifically plastic items, just in case you need to tone down a pink, yellow, blue, etc freebie chair. Carry in a dry foam seat pad and tie the chair to a tree so it doesn't blow away. Even if it finds a new owner, you're out nothing.

Edited by nyslowhand
  • Like 2

In my blinds all have swivel dentist chairs. All have a nice cushion so you can sit all day. 

• Like 1

"We Feed 'em"

"He Breeds 'em"

Legends Lodge, "Where Legends are born"

Funny, I don't own a single hunting chair.  I sit in a couple different box blinds once in a while while gun hunting and they have folding metal banquet chairs of limited comfort.  I RARELY hunt on the ground as I'd rather be elevated.  All my treestands of course have seats made of wood and a small thin hunk of dense foam.  My climber of course has a seat.........

I've never hunted out of a ground blind, deer or turkey.  (I own a beauty but it just doesn't fire me up)

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

I use (3) basic types.  The enclosed blinds all have very comfortable, cloth-cushioned, swivel office chairs.  Those are easy to garbage-pick.   As I find nicer ones, I throw out the old ones.  Open platform blinds have weather-proof plastic swivel chairs or soft-padded swivel boat seats.   From the ground, my favorite is a hammock-style seat that straps to a tree and has an adjustable pedestal.  That thing is very easy to carry, extremely comfortable, and swivels 360 degrees.    

The more comfortable you are in a stand, the less likely you are to fidget and alert an approaching deer.  Having the ability to swivel 360 degrees, with as little movement as possible, lets me capitalize on most of the deer that sneak up from behind, and that I hear before I see.

I picked up a three legged folding stool at Aldis last year that I do not like, and may never use again.   It is not very comfortable and does not provide 360 degree shooting ability.  One advantage is that I do not need to find a tree to strap it to like my tree-hammock seat.  It is also relatively easy to carry but not as easy as the tree hammock.  Also, it is faster to set up than the tree hammock, and would probably work better in the rain as it does not collect water off the tree like a funnel as the tree hammock does.  I will probably keep it to use in combination with a tree umbrella on rainy days, where my tree hammock seat has failed miserably in the past.        

• Like 1